External Switch Wiring for Tap Tempo

Gordon

For an external switch from the PBC to operate tap tempo functions for multiple pedals connected with MIDI, is a cable connection from the tap/exp jacks on the pedals also required, or does the PBC control it all with MIDI?

I'm looking for an external switch to control tap tempo for 2 Chase Bliss pedals (TRS MIDI) and a Source Audio Collider, and not sure if I need additional wiring to the CB EXP/CV or SA EXP/SWITCH jacks. Obviously, doing it all with just MIDI would be way easier. Thanks!

Thanks! In following up, I'm trying to make sure I find the right external switch for what I'm looking for... the tap tempo part seems pretty straightforward now, but I'm ideally looking for a dual switch that can also control the on/off boost on my Jackson Audio Bloom compressor, which sits beneath a riser on my pedalboard and has TRS MIDI connectivity.

Unfortunately, the dimensions of the RJM Two Button Switch are too large for the available space on my board, so I'm shopping around. I've found an alternative momentary/normally-open option from Saturnworks but I want to make sure it will operate the boost on/off without having to keep the switch held down to engage. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what momentary/normally-open means.

If there's not a dual switch option that suits my needs, should I consider two small single switches? If so, how would I wire them to the PBC with only one EXT Sw Input?

Thanks again.

That one should be fine. Momentary, normally open is just the electrical specification of the switch. The Mastermind will determine if the end result acts like a latching or momentary switch. You won't need to hold the switch if you don't want to.

Back