Extra Input Loop

cgscotto

Hello,
Awhile ago, you helped me wire my Effect Gizmo for four loops to the amp input and the remaining 8 for the FX loop. It is working brilliantly. Since nothing ever stays the same, I now find myself needing another loop for the amps input. I have attached a pdf of the original wiring diagram with four input loops and a revised version for five input loops.Basically, I simply moved wiring for Output 1-4 and Input 5-8 over two loops. So, simple question, will the new wiring diagram work without problems?
Thanks!

Attachments

• •EG_4X8 revised.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • EG_Extra Input.pdf
    696.4 KB · Views: 11
Yse, you should be able to do that. Loop 6 will need to be on at all times. You can use a little hack to ensure that it does - Hold 4 while powering up, then after the LEDs flash, release 4 and press 6. Press Write. This is intended to set up a group, where only one loop in the group can be on at any time, but if you only put one loop in the group, it forces the loop on at all times.

Just a follow-up. I rewired the EG according to the Extra Input diagram and used the group hack, and everything is working perfectly. I am even using loop 10 as a replacement for a function switch on the LT for the switching between heads with the Mesa Head Tracker. I can see why you might have discontinued the RG series. The flexibility offered by the EG for routing and switching makes it a great piece of gear. Thanks again for the help.

Back