FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I think we used to have a feature request list, but as suggested by a forum member, it would be good to have another one. So... post your feature requests here!

Edit: I'll mark the items as done so we can keep score!

Last edited:
Cool. Here's mine:

DONE! 1. Posted this on the 3.0 beta thread: When in song/setlist mode, and you enter setup, make some changes, and exit, you're taken back to your main preset list. It'd be nice for it to remember what song you were on, or, at minimum, the setlist.
DONE! 2. When hitting "Presets List," it would be ideal to have these show up in the same green color as normal presets, or at least some global toggle for the color. I also believe a "previous page" button is missing.
3. Illuminate an expression pedal's indicator light (I'm thinking about the Mission RJM EP-1) when using the expression's switch as a "Pedal 1 grouping" switch
4. Be able to import or type in preset names for MIDI-controlled PC devices, such as Strymon and Eventide pedals, but any PC device would do. This could probably be in the software editor only. That said, it'd be awesome to have a list of what each of them are when selecting the PC for the preset - have the PC and bank options, and below them, list out pages of the PC names that have been specified.
5. Text size option for the primary display. It'd be great to have a 3-line text display for those longer preset/song names. On that same note, it'd be nice to incorporate usage of the special \ and ^ characters for song names, so you could type "This Is A Song^Key: Am" As a musician that has a normal worship gig with different worship leaders that prefer songs in different keys, just having the space to type in a key would make a world of difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
DONE! Preset List: I'd like a Cancel button. On the 1st page only, at the spot where Previous Page appears on the following pages. Because sometimes I just want to have a quick look at the presets without selecting another one.

EDIT: implemented in 3.0!

I'll assume that this to be used for the Editor as well. Thus, from my earlier thread:

It would be convenient to be able to right click upon a preset slot and instigate the retrieval of the preset name from the Fractal to the MMGT. Please reference the attached photo for greater clarity as to the wish.

file.php

Thanks for creating this thread, Ron.

Have a couple from earlier posts for consideration, just adding them to the wish list. Many thanks!

1) Allow IA to revert to previous IA within IA groupings
Would love this with scenes in AxeFx where could step on say scene3, switch to scene4, then just keep hitting that switch to toggle between to two.

2) Allow setting certain LCDs to not display their hold function
Thought here is to assign a preset as primary then call a lead scene by holding... works slick but it ended up more important to see more of preset name for me so pulled the hold functions from them

When Display Settings->Show Only Song Name is selected, offer the option to display the next song in the set list under the current song (preferably in a smaller font).

Does the processor have enough bandwidth to spare in that it could generate an LFO (or two), w/selectable waveshape, on a given CC and channel? This would go to great lengths in replacing my Moog MP-201.

Here's a tricky one for you Ron: enable functionality to use the Kemper's looper. The Kemper uses NRPN messages to trigger the looper, which, at the moment, the MMGT doesn't support. HOWEVER, there's a really massive thread over on the Kemper forums where people have been able to find the proper messages (they're undocumented). I understand basic MIDI CC's and PC's well enough, and I get the idea of SysEx, but NRPN is beyond my knowledge. I'll just leave the link to the thread here:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/in...eam-made-it-available-in-3-0-2-Public-Beta-U/

I dunno if the MMGT hardware can even support this, but it would be a really nice feature to have on board.

1. Variables
  2. unlimited or > 300 macro's (I'm currently using 298 macro's)
  3. dynamic memory => number of presets/songs/IA's/triggers/macro's.... limited by memory. Not a fixed number. This makes it possible to have plenty more presets. You need at least one preset per song + presets for cobinations of IA's (like scenes). So you definitely need more presets thans songs for instance. With dynamic memory, this isn't a problem.

Friendly names for most MIDI messages. Ex:
Note names instead of numbers (E1, E2, E3, F#4, etc.)
Common names for CC messages ("All Notes Off" for CC=123 V=0, "Channel Volume" for CC=7, etc.) - This could be in addition to the current method of allowing arbitrary CC messages by adding CC Toggle or CC Momentary commands.

Incorporate bank select into PC messages so you don't have to enter CC commands to select banks. Each device would probably also need to have a setting to define what type of bank selection it uses.

Thanks folks, keep 'em coming. Not all are possible, and some are very difficult, but I'll do what I can...

One note: I will implement Kemper looper support, but Kemper has recommended that I don't do it yet, because the looper control interface is going to change completely in the near future. I am awaiting further news...

Thanks folks, keep 'em coming. Not all are possible, and some are very difficult, but I'll do what I can...

One note: I will implement Kemper looper support, but Kemper has recommended that I don't do it yet, because the looper control interface is going to change completely in the near future. I am awaiting further news...

Fair enough - listen to the big guns on the matter. I'm no hardware engineer :)

Still be up for a delay command, like an IA step, that would pause for a certain amount of MS before continuing. This is useful for weird little auto wipe patches I've made for my Infinity, but without the delays certain commands are missed whilst it's wiping loops.

As someone already mentioned, variables would be a great addition. At the moment I'm doing variable stuff on a laptop and sending back to my pedalboard, but would love this functionality when I'm not using the computer.

The ability in the editor to copy + paste multiple IA actions (not the buttons, the lists of IA actions), this would be particularly useful as I've never been able to copy between presets successfully (always fine if copying from a page).

I'm also not sure if this is just me, as mentioned it before and no one seemed to have the same problem, but in the editor, if I have more than 9 (on 13inch laptop) or 10 (on 15 inch retina) actions in my IA list, whilst I can scroll up and down to edit the action type on the right, I can't actually see beyond the first 9 or 10 in the lefthand section, so reordering becomes impossible. It's not a killer if you're running macros within macros, but at some point I'm going to run out of those.

Pedal Grouping - Only just looked into this, but as someone using 4 expression pedals, I'd love to see the option to essentially double this up via pedal switching, so in theory I could have 8, in the same way you can control '4' pedals, from 2 expression pedals at the moment.

This might just me being a dumbass, but I've never had any joy (or room for the buttons) with IA store etc, so I've always had the odd page/presets where buttons are just lit when it loads and there's nothing I can do about it (well through my efforts anyway), so a more obvious way to define a buttons state upon loading in the editor would help me out for the way I'm using it, as can get a bit confusing with loopers especially! Literally, a little toggle box in the editor to define the load up state would make my day. I don't need any midi info sent, I literally just want the light to go 'off', so I don't think I've already changes patches or started recording loops when I haven't.

"Thanks folks, keep 'em coming. Not all are possible"

Ron, would it be possible to mark the ones which are not possible as well.
Thanks

I guess really, none that were mentioned are completely impossible, but the work required to implement them is so large that it's unlikely that I could allocate the time to do them - unless there's demand from enough customers to justify it. For example, dynamically allocated memory would require a major redesign of the GT's low level internals.

matt: Sounds like you're on a Macbook of some type. You should be able to two-finger scroll on the trackpad to see all of the action list. Regarding the IA button issues, you can send me your latest settings and I could have a look. Adding an on/off checkbox wouldn't really operate any differently than the existing operation of clicking on the IA button itself. It likely has to do with the IA Link, Group or Update on Preset Change settings, all of which affect the button's state and can override the button's stored state.

Thanks Ron, I actually had a eureka moment after reading your reply here and on someone elses post. I think as I've always had 'edit local buttons' enabled, I hadn't realised I could just turn the pedals on/off via the editor, so seem to have solved that issue. I never had much joy with the touchpad scrolling down on OSX, though thinking about it, I think it's fine on my music PC, so can just do any future edits there for the more ridiculous IA buttons. :)

The Preset Menu is a wonderful thing. I use it instead of Bank Up/Down.

A suggestion for a slight improvement: indicate the current preset. At the moment there's no indication, which makes it a little harder (in the heat of a performance) to find the "next" or "previous" preset.

EDIT: DONE! in 3.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back