FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ron, I actually had a eureka moment after reading your reply here and on someone elses post. I think as I've always had 'edit local buttons' enabled, I hadn't realised I could just turn the pedals on/off via the editor, so seem to have solved that issue. I never had much joy with the touchpad scrolling down on OSX, though thinking about it, I think it's fine on my music PC, so can just do any future edits there for the more ridiculous IA buttons. :)

Hey Matt, I found an issue that affected scrolling the action list, and it's now fixed in 3.0.1.

First off, thank you for the incredible work.
Perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly, but I would love it if IA Cycle step colors/names carried over when copying a preset.

Hmm... that should work... Are you using the latest firmware and editor? And, are you doing the copy on the GT itself or in the editor?

I'm using the latest on both, and using the editor to copy. I'm also running into a strange situation where I have 2 different setlists with completely different songs. If I'm on set list 2, and I select the 3rd song (for example) in the set list, then go to the song menu, it has the 3rd song in setlist 1 highlighted, rather than the correct song in the active setlist. This also happens in vice-versa. All presets were cloned from a master preset and then adjusted, so perhaps some identifier remained in the presets that is confusing the active preset identifier?

One Feature I would find useful would be to allow preset/song tempo to set the flash of buttons for that preset only in the absence of external midi clock. Then when clock data is received, the buttons sync to external tempo as usual.

One Feature I would find useful would be to allow preset/song tempo to set the flash of buttons for that preset only in the absence of external midi clock. Then when clock data is received, the buttons sync to external tempo as usual.

Good idea! Makes a lot of sense.

A suggestion for the editor, would be the ability to select multiple things in the action list and copy, then paste into an action list elsewhere. Copying buttons always seems a bit hit and miss for me, and doesn't seem to work at all with presets, but in all honesty, being able to copy specific actions, by selecting them all, or a selection (next to each other or selected individually like explorer/finder ctrl/shift) would be awesome. Just going through and setting type/devices/cc number etc for 6+ things for each button if you're setting up a new page can be a bit time consuming!

Or in the long run possibly the idea of being able to have a few 'default buttons', whereby a default list of devices and settings which could be a good starting point and easily accessible, possibly in the general settings for a button on a 'load template' button or something. Though appreciate this might not be that high up on anyone else's suggestion list.

Also finally got round to upgrading to the latest 3.0.1/2 firmwares and can confirm the issue with browsing more than 9 actions is definitely fixed in the editor, so the number of pints I owe you Ron is getting worryingly high! :)

I'm gonna add another one to the pool here: SysEx via expression pedal. Using the Kemper, I found that I can control tons of different parameters not in the standard PC/CC MIDI spec via SysEx, but it would be great to be able to use these with an expression pedal. For instance, if I have a tremolo in Stomp C, I can change the depth via SysEx F0 00 20 33 02 7F 01 00 34 15 [00 00] F7, where the bracketed numbers are the value being sent. Replacing 00 00 with 40 00 is 50%, and 80 00 is 100% (32768, or 32k).

Implementing all of the individual SysEx commands into the device would be overkill. However, it would be nice to be able to specify that the bracketed value can be swept, or used with an expression pedal. Maybe a symbol, such as %%, or a set of symbols, like %% %%, to specify that range can be swept through, and potentially its resolution (for most cases, something along the lines of MIDI's typical 0-127 would be perfectly fine). Then it would just be simple division - 32768/127 * (value) - to calculate the value, then convert to hex and send.

And a bug I just found - Within the desktop editor (on OS X 10.11, if that matters), if you have an external switch that you wish to default to "on" on a preset, clicking the EXT SW # "switch" on the preset panel actually triggers the state of the first button (top left). If you click the greyish EXT SW # box, it works, but clicking the graphical "switch" triggers the wrong thing.

Hi there,

could it be possible to set the page button to jump to a certain page? Like making a jump from 12 to 15 at once?
That would be interesting...

Hi there,

could it be possible to set the page button to jump to a certain page? Like making a jump from 12 to 15 at once?
That would be interesting...

You can do that by creating an IA button, then assigning it a System / Page action. This will allow you to select a specific page.

Regarding button copying - feature requests and bug fixes:
  1. I copied a button to transfer to a new slot on a new page. That page had not been set up yet, and the limit was set below that page # (3 at the time, wanted to copy to page 16), so I couldn't navigate to it. Exited out, went to set # of pages, hit 16 just to have full access, and the display said "button copied." Odd. Exited out, and saw that it had replaced button 16's (going from top left to bottom right) button on page 1. Had to reprogram the button.
  2. Copy button, on the device, should ideally have page up and page down options. It would be great if the left "setup" button was page down, the right "setup" button was page up, and pressing both would be an exit. I'm not sure if pressing both at the same time would conflict with the master "hold both for setup" option or not, but this would be a tap, not a hold.
Thanks Ron. The work you do on these is awesome, and I love my MMGT :)

I would just like to be able to tap my tempo in and see the bpms displayed while using the AXE FX II. Ive tried changing midi clock settings but it won't display for me. If I'm a D.A. I'm sure someone will tell me!

I would just like to be able to tap my tempo in and see the bpms displayed while using the AXE FX II. Ive tried changing midi clock settings but it won't display for me. If I'm a D.A. I'm sure someone will tell me!

It should display if you have MIDI Clock set to master.

It should display if you have MIDI Clock set to master.
Ron, is there anything I need to do on the axe II? I'll try again. I can tap in at the MMGT and I definitely see the AXE change. I can also tap in the tempo at the Axe control panel or set the tempo via axe edit and the axe changes as does the flashing of my tap tempo IA switch, just doesn't display the BPM. Will try again

By default, it's set up to be tap tempo, but not MIDI clock. IF you go into MIDI Settings and set MIDI Clock to Master, that will enable MIDI clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back