First PBC/6X Board Build

matt_s

Hello all—Matt here.

In interest of introducing myself to the RJM community of which I will, undoubtedly, turn to with many questions in the near future, here are some pics and info regarding my first ever PBC-controlled board build.

I just received the PBC/6X a week or so ago, and have been laying out, wiring, programming, and testing since. Squareplugs used throughout, as well as 05DL5M MIDI plugs, with appropriate cabling, all from BTPA.com.

This board will be used for both my solo acoustic and full-band gigs. For the solo acoustic gigs, I integrate some simple live-looping, modulation, and delay. For the full-band gigs, I play both electric (using anll FX except looper) and acoustic guitar (always dry).

The PBC is setup for 7 preset buttons. “Function” button still accesses tuner function when held, as well as “Store” function when held an appropriate pages. Songs on setlist and “banks” are controlled by the hand-built two-button footswitch. This footswitch also switches “Pages” when buttons are held.

Chain is as follows: pedalboard mounted input box (shorts to ground when disconnected) > Input One on PBC. Loops 1-5 in order are (all hand-built clones) Centaur, OCD, Tube Screamer, Big Muff, Boss Chorus. Using an insert cable, Output 1 goes to DL4 mkii (mono) > Ditto X4 (mono). The mono output of the Ditto X4 goes to my guitar amp.

Output 2 of the PBC goes to an under-mounted hand-built “Bo Hansen” DI. This is so I can switch between electric and acoustic guitar in a full-band situation. All I have to do is switch guitars and switch to my “AcousricDI” preset, which is a completely dry signal to the DI.

After a lot of tweaking and testing, I am able to successfully control the Ditto X4, with it controlled by and quantized to the PBC’s clock. My various looping songs and their respective tempos are all kept in a setlist, and I keep one song on the setlist, “Looper”, which has the clock “off” for non-quantized looping. I use the Boss DB-90, which also receives clock, for in-ear click, and am able to start/stop it using start/stop commands from the PBC.

Well, that’s basically it for now! Really blown away by the power of this unit, and looking forward to expanding its applications in my live and studio endeavors.

- Matt

Attachments

• IMG_6558.jpeg
    IMG_6558.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6559.jpeg
    IMG_6559.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6560.jpeg
    IMG_6560.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 32
Back