[DONE] Fractal FM3 Support

Looks like this will replace the AX-8. Cliff says that the FC-6/12 Faslink 2 controllers are fully compatible with both the FX-III and the FM3. So will the MMGT be able to control the FM3 when set up with the FX-III profile?

There are some Axe-FX3 effects that the FM3 won't have (including second effect blocks in some cases), so I'm not sure if the fake CCs on the GTs would be compatible with the FM3. Maybe it would work fine if you just don't use those fake CCs, will be interested to hear what Ron says. That said, I'm not fully sure I understand the fake CCs fully so I could have this wrong.

Worst case scenario, the FM3 can also still be controlled by a midi device as well, so it would mean a bit of programming.

From the Gear Page forum, Cliff said:

The Axe-Fx III, FM3 and the other products in development all use the "Ares" architecture. This is a portable client-server architecture that allows easy porting of effects and models between hardware platforms. When we ported the Axe-Fx III models to the FM3 it involved nothing more than copying the file.

We created the Ares architecture three years ago and all new products use it. It's a comprehensive hardware and software paradigm that allows any number of clients to communicate with a DSP server. The architecture supports multiple DSP cores. Clients can be located on the same core, a different core on the same IC, a different IC on the same board or on completely different hardware, i.e. an editor running on a PC or a foot controller. For example on the FM3 the UI is a client running on the ARM core.

The Ares architecture is even processor agnostic. The Axe-Fx III uses TI DSPs while the FM3 uses Analog Devices.

The Ares architecture was a huge undertaking with the ultimate goal of faster product development and easy synchronization of multiple product lines. It allows me to work on algorithms and new models and the engineers can then easily port those to the other products.

The FM3 design architecture "and the other products" is identical to that of the FX III. If the "other products" are the FC-6 and FC-12, then it would seem that the current FX III implementation on the MMGT might work for the FM3, with the exception of non available FX III features on the FM3.

At worst, this implies that a re-written version of the FX III implementation eliminating non-supported features should be relatively easy for Ron to create.

Hi. I've just acquired an LT7 which I want to use to control my FM3. I have a couple of questions: 1) While I've got to the stage where I can select presets and 4 scenes, how do you go about selecting the remaining 4 scenes in a given preset? 2) I've noticed that while I can move up through the scenes with one click, I'm having to click twice when going back...any thoughts as to what I've done here?
In answering please don't be afraid to dumb your answers down...trust me the simpler and clearer the better.

Thanks

I did see this question on the help desk, which is where we'll answer it (if it hasn't been answered already).

Ok, you're up against the fact that you have more scenes than you have buttons, so some compromises have to be made. One possibility is that you could set up hold functions on the 1-4 buttons so that pressing one of the buttons would select scenes 1-4 and holding he button for 2 seconds would select scenes 5-8. Would that work for you?

Back