Fractal FM3

Carl B

Hi all,

I just got Fractal FM 3 and having difficulty to finalize the set-up. I believe that it has to do with the transmission of data coming from the FM3 ). I do have the bidirectional MIDI on but there's probably some things I'm missing. Here's what I'm trying to do.

I assigned my exp pedal to Ctrl 1 on the FM3 ( I use it for the Volume Pedal block ). But that doesn't do anything in the Fm3.

Also, I have a Page designated to activate and deactivate blocks on the FM3 but that doesn't sync if some blocks are triggered on the FM3 itself. For instance, let's say I activate the Drive block on the FM3, the LT's led won't sync. And finally, sort of the same thing with tap tempo. If I tap on the FM3, the LT doesn't reflect that.

Not sure if its worth mentioning but I had to put the LT MIDI Clock in Master mode as Auto was giving me problems. Also,I got the RJM MIDI Receive Channel set to Channel 1 ( I assumed so as the Fractal receives MIDI on that channel ) but I'm not sure this is right.

Here's a file of what I got going on.

Attachments

• 29 sept.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Ok, first thing, how do you have the LT connected to the FM3? You need to have a phantom power box or MIDI Y cable to make use of a bidirectional connection. Or, you need two MIDI cables between the two units (Out to In and In to Out).

Also, have you mapped Ext Ctrl 1 on the FM3? External controllers need to be set up on both the LT and the FM3.

MIDI Receive Channel should only be used if you're controlling the LT with a computer or external MIDI controller. Set it to None if you're just using the LT and Axe-Fx together. And, if you ever do need to control the LT from an external source, MIDI Receive Channel should never be set to the same MIDI channel as the FM3, that will cause problems.

If Auto isn't working, check to make sure you're running the latest firmware, I fixed some Auto issues in the past few months.

I'ave attached the Axe-Fx III section of the LT manual - it applies to the FM3, and covers both of these topics in more detail.

Attachments

• MMLT-AxeFx.pdf
    882.4 KB · Views: 10
Back