gain loss

Tonecat5

I compared my guitar volume plugged directly into my amp with my guitar going thru the PBC. No loops were active in the PBC. Guitar and amp settings remained same in this comparison. When going thru the PBC there was a very noticeable lower volume/gain than if i did not use the PBC. All buffers were active.
What do you think is causing the lower gain level?

I probably just found my answer. I have an AMT vol pedal before the PBC. It has a 3 position switch for gains. 0, 6, and 12db. I had the pedal set on 0db gain and fully depressed. I thought that should be a unity gain setting but I guess I am wrong. However, even with the switch set to 12db, I get a loss as compared to removing the pedal. Just not as much of a loss.
With no vol pedal in place and plugged straight into the PBC there seems to be no difference as compared to plugging straight into my amp.

So I suppose I need to look at a diff vol pedal if i really want to keep ALL of my signal.

Have you tried without the volume pedal? The problem could be internal to the PBC. Try turning off buffers one at a time, starting with #3 and working backwards. One might be acting up.

Back