GenLoss MKII engage/bypass operates differently than other CB modulation pedals.

Hey,

I've been using the PBC/6X for a while and have it configure to work perfectly with my pedals. I recently got a Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII and this pedal operates a bit differently than the other CB pedals I have and as a result the way I have been using my mastermind doesn't quite work.

I have a few other CB modulation pedals which come after the mastermind (not in the loops), and with those, the presets do not include if the pedal is engaged or bypassed. This works great for me because I can toggle through a few presets on the pedal and independently control if the pedal is on via MIDI with a storable button value on the mastermind.

However, with the generation loss - the engaged/bypass state is stored with the preset. So if I try to do the same thing, it seems the engaged/bypass state stored within the preset of the pedal is given precedents over what I try to store from the button on that mastermind.

Any thoughts on how I could potentially get around this?

FYI - I emailed chase bliss about this and they confirmed this is the intended design. They said essentially if a pedal has a tap tempo is doesn't store the engaged/bypass state.

Thanks,
Matt

Generally, with pedals like that I would create a preset that's bypassed and recall that instead of sending it a CC when you need to bypass it. Then, recall any other preset when you want the pedal to be active.

Bit of a work around but this does the trick as well. I'm using the first slot in IA Cycle as bypassed.

I like having a handful of what I consider live presets where my gain stages are constant and modulation pedals can each easily toggle between a few different common/usable presets.

Thanks for the response!

1679783419296.png

Back