Get Preset Names from device other than the AxeFX3?

Pagzy

Hi everyone

I was wondering if there is a way to use the Get Preset Names feature from a device other than the AxeFX3? I use the LT to control a Behringer XR18 which uses OSC coverted to midi sysex and there is a command to read the current preset name or whole list of 64 presets. Can I get the LT to read the message sent back from the XR18 or is that AxeFX3 only?

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
There isn't any standard for reading names from a device, so I have to write code specifically for each device we support. Hopefully this will change with all of the MIDI 2.0 stuff that's in the works, although it's going to take a long time to get companies to adopt it. I should probably look into OSC and see if there's anything we can do with that.

Wow that would be amazing if you could! If you're interested in adding the Behringer digital mixers to your Devices I would recommend checking out this OSC to Sysex converter https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/
It is for the Behringer X32 or X-Air digital mixers. I'd be happy to help with any testing too ;)

Back