Getting preset names from Axe-FX II XL+

Valhalla

Hello,
I'm setting up my new Mastermind GT16 and when I try to get the preset names from the Axe FX II XL+ the MM screen stays on "Get preset names" and nothing happens. From the video I believe it should read "Reading names". What am I doing wrong? Could use some help. Thanks.

- Make sure you're using either two MIDI cables between the Axe-Fx and GT, or a single 5-pn active cable. You can tell that you have a good connection if the other special features work - the tap tempo light flashes, the tuner displays on the GT, etc.
- If you're using a single MIDI cable connection, make sure bidirectional MIDI is turned on in the GT's settings
- Make sure that the entry in the Devices tab is set to the correct model (Axe-Fx II XL+) - having it set to any other Axe-Fx model will cause it to not work.

Check all that and see if that fixes the problem.

I had it set on XL II instead of XL II+. Once I corrected that it was great. Got all the preset names for nearly 500 Axe presets. Kinda cool watching the Axe display scrolling through the presets as the MM progressed. Done in a couple minutes.
I'm psyched. Got my work cut out for me now!
Thanks!

Back