Global Function Select Switch works intermittently

jlatrace

My Global Function Select switch works only intermittently. I pulled the board and operated the switch with my finger to confirm it doesn't work. Is this a bad pad? Or is the another component going bad. If its the switch, can you recommend a replacement part number? I have firmware version 1.4.

Update - I cleaned the switch with contact cleaner and it now works okay. I guess it's bad. Anyone know the Mouser or NTE part number?

Update 2 - Switch failed after a few minutes of use. Really need the specs so I can order a new one and replace the tactile switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think the switch is made by ALPS part number = SKQEABA01 is this right?

Also can someone give me a diagram/schematic of the circuit for the switch area?

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay - that is the correct switch.

A diagram of the area around the switch is attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 2.49.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 2.49.01 PM.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,738
Thanks. Am I reading the diagram correctly by concluding that only the red lines are connected to the switch pin mounting holes? I ask because after pulling the switch I am unable to get continuity with any connection from the switch mounting hole at the top right of the diagram.

Glad to hear it's working. Not that it matters now, but the blue traces are on the underside of the board.

Back