Group & Cycle/Individual state

Julien

Hello :)

I moved some stuff around on the board, and I'm trying to achieve the following. I'm pretty sure this is going to be an easy one for you!

PBC/6X, latest firmware.

Loop 1 : Pedal A
Loop 2 : Pedal B

When I switch on Pedal A, I want the pedal B to be off, and when I go to pedal B, I want pedal A to turn off.
For this, I put them both in the same group, which works.

No here's the next "step" I'd like to add, that I can't figure out (yet):
To the above, I'd like to also be able to turn them both individually if needed.
Right now it's either one or the other, which is great, because I don't stack them.
But I'd like to also be able to turn them off, should I decide to use other pedals in the other loops that don't necessary work well with these.

I hope this makes sense.

Also, on another note, I noticed that buttons that contains HOLD functions, seem to cause slight delays when switching presets:
e.g:
Preset 1: loop 1 with Distortion A
Preset 2: loop 2 with Distortion B
Switching between preset 1 and 2 is instant
Preset 3: loop 3 with Distortion C (turned on by an HOLD button)
Switching to preset 3 has a slight delay in turning on Loop 3
Is it normal?

Back to brainstorming!

Thanks for any (stereo) input you may have!

Regards,

Julien

If you only need to be able to turn both off, then go to the Globals page, select the group you're using for those buttons, and turn on "Allow all buttons off"

Hold buttons need to figure out whether you're pressing or holding the button. So, when you press it, it waits a certain amount of time (the hold time). If you release the button before the hold time, it's considered a press, and if you hold it longer than the hold time, it's considered a hold. The delay you're experiencing is because the normal function doesn't trigger until the button is released.

Thanks a lot as always !
Will try this tomorrow ( nearly 2am here in France LOL)
Regarding the delay, no, it’s not when holding the button ( I know there is another longer delay when holding a button then the 2nd action kicks in)
The slight delay I’m referring to, seems to be happening every time a preset contains a loop turned on by a button that also has an « hold » function.
Best Regards, Julien

The hold function shouldn't affect it in that case, I don't know of anything that could cause that.

The « Allow all buttons off » works exactly like what I was looking for! Perfect, thanks a lot.
Regarding the delays with presets containing hold button, I will do more test and report.

Back