GT 16 purchased and enroute…. Couple questions.

I am excited that this device will be in my hands next week. I have read thru the manual, watched numerous videos, and read about 40 forum pages! Still got a few questions if someone can help me out. I will be using the GT 16 with a Kemper KPA, a Chauvet Obey 40 DMX controller, and a Cymatic LP-16 player (backing tracks)

1 - Can I leave my Mission Engineering KP-1 pedal connected directly to the rack unit? I have the spring loaded version and love my wah being activated by the instant movement of the pedal. I am not sure if the wah effect block can be programed in the GT 16 to activate upon movement?

2 - Follow-up to #1. Anyone use a TRS to XLR cable to get your expression pedal jack into a stage snake so I can get it to front of stage? Then out of stage box with an XLR to TRS cable? In the same note, my LP-16 (backing tracks) uses a momentary switch for start/stop functions. If I can use the TRS to XLR cable to get to front of stage snake, I can get it into the GT 16 quite easily.

3 - I want to send midi note date to activate various lighting scenes in the Obey 40. I am currently tap dancing with both feet to hit a preset change and lighting change at the same time with my current setup. I believe the GT 16 can send my preset change and lighting (note data) change with a single footswitch press. Can anyone confirm this?

4 - Fender makes a heavy duty 25’ 7-DIN cable for some of their amp foot switches. Is this the same as a 7-pin midi cable? Inexpensive on Amazon.

Thank you for your time and input - Justin

I can help out on a few of those questions...

The KP-1 will work if you leave it plugged into the Kemper. It will continue to work as it did before.

I've never used a TRS to XLR cable for that purpose, but it should work. Note that the GT does not have function switches, so it isn't going to be able to be connected directly to another device's 1/4-inch switching input - it can only control MIDI devices.

Yes, you can add note actions to any button or preset, no problem there.

I've never used Fender's cable, but if all pins are wired straight thru, it should work. If you're trying to phantom power the GT, the cable might not work if the wires in it are too thin (Rocktron's cable has this problem, primarily with the GT/22. The 16 may or may not work with that one).

Sorry to revive a dead thread...

Boltfan – I'm wondering if you ended up trying the Fender 7 pin cables for the GT-16? I'm hoping to use one to power a GT-16 from a MEG X.

Back