GT/22 / Axe FX III "Get Presets" Question

Hey guys -

I'll try and keep it short and sweet :D

I've only used my GT for my presets, that I have between 450-500 on the Axe to keep track of. With the new preset banks I just updated from fractal, I wanted to "audition" the new factory presets, and go through them. Bordem, I guess... anyways. I tried to Get Preset Names for 001-500. The max preset # is set to 512. The GT scans all presets from 001 to 500, but when scrolling through them on the GT it will only go up to preset 127. On axe edit I can call any preset from 0-127 and it'll pull up on the GT but if I select 128-500, they don't pull up on the GT.

Am I not able to have that many presets, or am I doing something wrong? Obviously I'll never use that many presets lol, and I'd revert back once I was done; but I just wanted to scroll through all the new factory presets with my feet rather than on the axe or computer.

Thank you so much in advance :D

Make sure MIDI bank type is set to MSB in Devices on the GT. Also, make sure that nothing is assigned to CC#0 in the Axe-Fx

Also make sure MIDI PC Mapping is turned off in the Axe-Fx.
It is off. No matter which was I scan it, the GT will scan through all 500 presets, but then will only display 127 of them….. I haven’t changed any settings in the GT editor that should affect this, other than moving some buttons around to suite my needs.

When you say it will only display 127 of them, do you mean that the GT won't show any preset above #127 in its display, or that the Axe-Fx won't go above preset 127? And, if you do try to select above preset #127, what does it do, exactly?

Please also send me your GT settings file, it's likely I'll need that to go to the next step.

When you say it will only display 127 of them, do you mean that the GT won't show any preset above #127 in its display, or that the Axe-Fx won't go above preset 127? And, if you do try to select above preset #127, what does it do, exactly?

Please also send me your GT settings file, it's likely I'll need that to go to the next step.
Ok lets say I scan "get preset names" 000 - 500, the GT & Axe Fx scan through all 500 presets, I click done on the board and it defaults to the first preset. I make sure to select a preset that isn't #1 before starting the get presets too. So, if you bank up thru them all on the GT, it will stop at Preset #127. If I select a preset beyond that on the Axe Fx it will not display it or pull it up on the GT. I hope that makes more sense, sorry for my lack of proper explanation. If I look in the GT editor on the songs tab, it shows all of the scanned presets from the Axe. I just can't get it to display more than 127.

Attachments

• LLGT.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Ah, I see now. When you use the Get Scenes and Create Songs options, each scene becomes its own preset on the GT. The GT has 768 presets, so 128 presets * 6 scenes = 768. That's where the limit is coming from. The only way to access all presets on the Axe-Fx is to turn off Create Songs, so that each Axe-Fx preset becomes a GT preset, leaving you with 768 actual presets.

Back