GT program change

Hi experts! need help here. I just added a new toy (Big Sky Reverb) to the rack and having some issues. I have 2 pedals (DB11 time after time delay and the newly added Strymon Big Sky Reverb) midi controlled. I programed a button to change presets in DB11 delay (working fine, no issues) but this button is also changing the presets on the Big Sky. Obviously this is not what I want. I want different buttons to control the presets of each pedal. I can't figure out what the issue is. I am attaching the GT setting file. The button that changes the preset of the delay (and the Big Sky) is #16 (red color labeled 'DELAY'). Any ideas? Thank you!

Attachments

• MDC.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
If two pedals are responding to the same button, the Big Sky needs to be changed to a different MIDI channel. You have them set to different channels in the PBC settings, but you need to change the settings in the Big Sky to match.

Ok. Going nuts here! I added the last gear to the rig, an EP-1 intended to control the reverb. So...this is my current issue: 4 devices: Gizmo 1 (midi channel 1), Gizmo 2 (midi channel 2), DB11 delay (midi channel 3) and the Big Sky reverb (midi channel 5. checked the midi channel on each device and they are properly set. When I pressed button 16 (supposed to just change presets on the DB11 device) also changes presets on the big sky AND on preset 2 turns the loop #2 on the Gizmo 2. Same happens with the button of the EP-1. The sweep on the EP-1 is doing what supposed to do. Help please? I am attaching the current rjs file...

Attachments

• MDC reverb.rjs
  • MDC reverb.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
after keep trying, a bit more info: before connecting the SP-1, everything works well except that button 16 intended to change delay presets also turns on & off loop 2 of the gizmo 1. Loop 2 is the buffer (I have a ge fuzz on loop 1 so I wired the buffer to loop 2). button 16 works fine with changing the delay presets and does nothing to the big sky. so other than the loop 2 issue so far so good. but, when I add the external switch of the SP-1 then button 16 also changes presets on the big sky and the external switch of the SP-1 also changes the presets of both the delay and bog sky. and... both buttons (#16 and SP-1) also messes with the gizmo 1 loop 2. I hope there is a simple solution to this but I am giving up...

Button 16 is set up to be a preset button, which means that it will change presets on the GT, send PCs to all of your devices, load up new button states for some or all of your buttons, etc. - everything that a preset does.

If you want the button to only do one thing to one device, you should probably change it to an IA button.

... I tried but can't figure out how to get it to work as IA. what I am trying to achieve is to use change presets on the delay with button 16) and change presets on the reverb (with the SP-1 button). can I do that with IA mode?

OK. I think I got it to work. I set the 2 buttons controlling presets on each one of the pedals as Preset+. I created presets requesting to change the preset on each pedal. So far is working but...is this the correct way to do it?

If you want the button to control only one pedal and not any other, I would not recommend Preset, Preset + or Preset - buttons. These change the GT's preset, which will affect all connected pedals unless you're very careful.

What do you want this button to do, exactly? Change to a specific preset on one pedal, move up one preset, pr something else?

here is the rjm file working the way I wanted to.
I am trying to scroll to preloaded presets on 2 different pedals. take a look at switches #16 and Exp pedal 1 on the attached file. I want one switch controlling the presets of only one pedal. I'd done it using preset+ but i wonder if there is an easy way. you are suggesting not using presets or preset+/- but I do not know any other way to do it.
let me know...I'd like to learn a different way if possible since I am sure my current rig will be evolving soon....

Attachments

• ADD EXP PEDAL.rjs
The way you're doing it will work fine, because you're not using GT presets for any other purpose. Typically IA buttons are used to control individual pedals, and preset buttons are used to recall presets on all of your devices at the same time. But, that's definitely not the only way to do things.

If you were interested in another way, the attached button settings would do it without using GT presets. You can change the step names and colors by clicking the IA Cycle Steps tab in the bottom section of the page.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 1.04.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 1.04.47 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Since for controlling one of the pedals I am using an external switch (The one on the mission exp pedal), is there a way to show on the display of the GT the step number or name?

Since for controlling one of the pedals I am using an external switch (The one on the mission exp pedal), is there a way to show on the display of the GT the step number or name?

Unfortunately not, that's the one limitation of external swtiches.

Back