GT10 Master/slave

Nigel

I currently have two Ground Controllers by Voodoo Labs. One is onstage and the other is offstage at my effects rack. The onstage is the master and the offstage is the slave. Whatever the master does, the slave unit follows but either one can control the rack. How can I set up two GT10's to do the same thing?

Connect the two with a 5 or 7 pin MIDI cable from the MIDI Output of one to the Remote In of the other. Turn on Remote and Bidirectional MIDI on both controllers (found in MIDI settings). It's best to do all changes on one controller, then write the same exact settings to the other controller. The settings should always be the same on both Masterminds.

Ok thanks. Do I have to add it as a device and assign a channel? I want the second unit to duplicate exactly what the master does. Also, is the cable wired one to one?

Ok thanks. Do I have to add it as a device and assign a channel? I want the second unit to duplicate exactly what the master does.
No, don't add another device or anything like that. Just enable Bidirectional MIDI and Remote.

Thanks. Another question: here's the midi path I would like if possible:
Master GT10 with phantom on stage with 50 ft cable to slave GT10 to Mini-Gizmo to Wampler Metaverse.
My goal is that either myself or the guitar player can do preset changes and both GT 10's are identical. I don't care if the master shows the slave changes (Voodoo never got that working properly) but the slave should show the master changes if possible. I.E. if he steps on preset "Clean Chorus" then the slave shows the same. Does that make sense?
Also, phantom for the master is crucial so I don't have to run a power cable out to the stage, but both would be cool if possible...
Thanks for the help!

Is the 5 or 7 pin midi cable wired one to one? I saw something about a different pinout but I can't find it

The master is the one that connects to the rest of your gear, so in this case the one off stage would be the master. It doesn't really matter about the terminology, though. Whichever unit that doesn't have another GT attached to its MIDI Output will be considered the master.

Synchronization works well in both directions, we've had bands using this feature with 2 (sometimes more) GTs for at least 8 years now.

The pinout is just a normal one-to-one wiring, just make sure that all pins are wired through. To have bidirectional communication, all 5 pins are needed. A GT can't phantom power another GT, so you would need a phantom power box or cable to inject the phantom power from the master to the slave.

Ok That works now, so to power the onstage GT10, I need to wire 12vdc power to pins 6 and 7 correct?
Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:
I spliced a connector to a 60 ft 7 pin cable and so far it's working flawlessly. Well I'll know soon, first gig with it tonight. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Back