GT16 Preset not working with Mini Effect Gizmo Loop

Phil Theobald

Hi

Recently got my GT16 and Mini Effect Gizmo - brilliant pieces of equipment!

I am trying to set a preset on the GT16 that switches my amps and preamps to clean channels and turns on loop 1 of the Mini Effect Gizmo (Tuner in mute mode) to act as my master mute/tune switch.

I have an IA button that successfully toggles loop 1 on and off on the Mini Effect Gizmo.
I have a preset that successfully sets amp channels and preamp channels to what I require.
I can't seem to get the preset to also turn on loop1 on the Mini Effect Gizmo.

My IA button has the action: Mini Effect Gizmo:Loop1 / CC Toggle #88 off:0 on:127
This works.

If I try the same action on the preset it does not work. Sometimes I see the blue loop light on the Gizmo flash on and off really quickly.

I am sure I am missing something really simple. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

If it's turning it on and off quickly, you have a second button somewhere that's telling the Mini Effect Gizmo loop to turn off. Check al of your buttons, including preset and bank buttons, which still may have IA actions on them.

Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

I checked all buttons and there was a few with messages to the Mini Effect Gizmo. I removed these but it made no difference.
I then turned off send pc messages and send ccs on present change at the device setting for the MEG. This made the loop turn on when I select the button with the preset, but left the loop on when I selected other presets.
I have added an off action for that loop on all my other presets and it is now working as I want it to. Not sure if thats the best way, but it is working now.

Thanks again for your quick response. The GT 16 and MEG are fantastic pieces of equipment and I'm using them for the first time live this weekend!

Phil

A good way to search for the offending action is to select View / System Report in the menu. Select all the text in the window that pops up. Copy and paste it into a word processor or text editor. Then you can search for "Loop 1". It will turn up any instance of an action that controls loop 1. There's still one hiding in there somewhere.

Yes, I need to add search functionality to the System Report window...

Back