GT16 v4.1.0 upgrade = DOA

touch33

Hi, Ron -

I recently had some time to upgrade my GT16 to v4.1.0. I followed SOP, upgrade proceeded w/o errors. I was called away immediately after and wasn’t able to test/confirm proper operation afterward.

Powered up for first time just now and my GT16 is non-functional. All of my button labels/colors are as expected on the first page - I just have no switch operations, including trying to enter setup mode.

So - no Magic Smoke escape but no operation. Please advise.

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi, i can confirm that. I've got the same problem since the update. The GT 16 works fine as long as i didn't connect the axe fx xl. As soon as i plug in the midi cable there is only one operation possible. After that the GT 16 doesn't operate anymore.

Kind regards Lars

Hi, i can confirm that...

Thanks for the verification, Lars. FWIW, after working with Ron a bit I ended up doing a full “factory reset” and then reinstalled 4.0.1 - back to stable operation. Question: are you using two MIDI cables? I’m using the “phantom supply/single cable” connection scheme.

Knowing how Ron works (110% professional, he is, and apparently never sleeps) I imagine he’ll figure it out before too long.
Cheers,
Bruce

Hi, i did the same. Reinstalled 4.0.1 and it works fine, except the Tempo Flash. I'm using the normal power supply, no phantom power yet. The Cables are still the same, so i don't think that the cable could be the problem.
I hope Ron will find the reason soon, because i think that the Tempo Flash works better in the 4.1.0 ... as long as you never switch the preset ;-)

Cheers, Lars

Yes, I found the issue and fixed it. Just a dumb mistake on my part. I'm just about to start testing with 1.16 beta 2 to see where things stand with the Axe-Fx III. Hoping for a beta release in the next day or two.

Back