GT22 and Kemper: problems with last firmware

Hi there!
I have a problem and I start thinking probably depends with the last kemper firmare 8.0.5.. I can’t get preset names with the GT22.

I have two kemper, the one I use at home (toaster) for test upgrades and create new rigs and the other that I use live (rack) and update when the one at home seems all ok. Actually the one that I use at home has the last firmare 8.0.5, the other has an older firmware.

I upgrade the GT with the last firmware 4.5.1 but communication faults with the toaster, always GT get the first 6 preset and at the 7 stops and freeze, no possible to continue, the unique thing I can do is stop the process (see first pic)

fortunately I had the possibility to try it with the kemper with older firmware (rack) and testing the communication seems GT talk with it perfectly and get all the presets.

if possible I want to use last kemper firmware for new sounds and more possibilities in all the two device

I wanna ask you if you can test the same, please let me know what you think, thanks

Here the pics, seems not attached in the first message

Attachments

• BCF6BCA5-22C2-451B-8BB4-D48EB9F680A8.jpeg
    BCF6BCA5-22C2-451B-8BB4-D48EB9F680A8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • F7F4123B-8220-48EF-A58D-613481FAE809.jpeg
    F7F4123B-8220-48EF-A58D-613481FAE809.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 558D5F41-55BF-43A9-8189-273BE941B431.jpeg
    558D5F41-55BF-43A9-8189-273BE941B431.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
update: I installed the latest kemper 8.0.6 firmware version, saved a backup, hard reset the machine and re-installed the saved profiles. even now the GT freezes when downloading data

This defnitely sounds like a problem in the Kemper firmware. I haven't changed anything with Kemper support in a year or two. Have you tried contacting them?

I haven't communicated with them in years, but I'll see what I can do. I'll load the new firmware first and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Good day, long time passed,
I have an answer from kemper:

Dear Andrea,

our programmer has added some functionality in the latest version of the Profiler OS that might improve your situation. Please install the current Public Beta to see if that is the case.
Furthermore we are communicating with the developers of the RJM to see if we can improve the situation in the future. This might involve a software update for your RJM.
One hint is that you should avoid using the same rig in two successive preset of your RJM.
With best regards, Hans

thanks, best regards

Yes, they have been communicating with me. I think we have a fix on their side for this. But for now, you should be able to get it to work if you make sure you don't try to retrieve preset names for presets that don't exist. For example, if you are trying to load names for presets 1-10 in Browse Mode, make sure that you have a program change set up for PC numbers 1-10 on the Kemper. The GT will stop if the Kemper doesn't respond (which it doesn't, when we try to retrieve an nonexistent preset).

I wrote to kemper i tried many times uploading from oldest to newer Kemper firmware (always making factory reset) but seems pedalboard work well with 7.3.2, with the most recent ones, however, it cannot receive data, it blocks after a couple of rigs
Now I am going to install MMGT461 hope this solves the problem

I tried all kemper firmware, the last I just tried is the newest 8.2 and it doest’t work. When I go to ‘get preset names’ retrieving data stops on kemper second rig.
At the moment the only one that permit me to receive data is 7.3.2
I think I will come back with firmware on kemper to 7.3.2 but I’ll lost the newest innovation.
I will try to get data from 7.3.2 then upgrade kemper to 8.2 and look if the pedalboard can control kemper. The problem will be in future when I will have to get data again and it wont possible. Soon I’ll have gigs and I don’t know how to do

Message from kemper staff:
Dear Andrea,

Have you already contacted the company that builds the RJM? Our developer told me that he has informed them that they need to update their software to accommodate the changes on our side.
With best regards, Hans

thanks

Back