H9 MIDI Clock issue

Andrew Chen

Hi all

Got my brand new PBC all set up and running extremely well and really happy with it.

However I have a small problem with MIDI clock and my H9.

I've set MIDI Clock to Master on the PBC, and MIDI Clock in on the H9. H9 is receiving tempos from all songs as well as a manually tapped tempo as well so that's all good.

However, when switching tempos, the H9 will push out an audible glitching sound as it adjusts its tempo to the MIDI clock from the PBC.

I'm not too sure how to fix this, as I've previously come from a Selah Quartz and a DD-500.

Thanks,

I'm going on a limb and saying that this is normal. When the delay is on (any delay, take a Boss DD-7 for instance) and you play a note and then change the time knob while it's repeating, you'll hear this crazy noise. Same thing on the H9 I believe (although I don't own one).

I use the Strymon Timeline and it has a setting in the Global menu to allow you to turn OFF this unwanted effect. When I change tempos as you describe above, you don't get this crazy noise. Maybe Eventide has a similar setting in their menus??? Not sure.

I'm going on a limb and saying that this is normal. When the delay is on (any delay, take a Boss DD-7 for instance) and you play a note and then change the time knob while it's repeating, you'll hear this crazy noise. Same thing on the H9 I believe (although I don't own one).

I use the Strymon Timeline and it has a setting in the Global menu to allow you to turn OFF this unwanted effect. When I change tempos as you describe above, you don't get this crazy noise. Maybe Eventide has a similar setting in their menus??? Not sure.
Do you know the setting in the timeline? I would like to change that on mine

Do you know the setting in the timeline? I would like to change that on mine

Been a while since I looked, but if memory serves...you hve to be on the latest firmware for the Timeline and it’s in the Global menu. I don’t think it existed until one of the latest firmware updates, although I could be wrong.

Been a while since I looked, but if memory serves...you hve to be on the latest firmware for the Timeline and it’s in the Global menu. I don’t think it existed until one of the latest firmware updates, although I could be wrong.
thanks found it.

I am trying to send MIDI cock to my H9 as well (PBC set to master), and the tempo seems to register fine on the H9. But I am noticing that as the H9 is receiving tempo from the PBC, it doesn't finish changing to the correct preset on the H9. Anyone know how those two things interact?

Back