Have a laugh at my expense

Neill00

Saturday we did an outdoor gig. It was pretty hot and I thought maybe my MMGT10 was overheating because I couldn't read a single display on the bottom panel of 6, they all just looked black. The switches themselves seemed to be working fine though so we went ahead with the first set, after all, having those displays is a luxury and a fairly recent one at that so I figured I'd just have to remember what they all did old school. We finished up the set and it went fine but I was worried about my MMGT, hoping that maybe once it cooled down it would come back to normal and I wouldn't have to think about getting any repairs done. As it turned out the fix was easier than that, I just took off my polarised sun-glasses and found that the displays were all working just as they should. I think maybe the reason I was able to read the upper displays is because I had an issue with one of them and as a result had the whole top display panel replaced with a newer version of the part. Apparently the newer version is more visible if you're wearing polarised sun-glasses. At any rate, I'm happy I figured it out, I'm going to pick up a pair of non-polarized for any future outdoor gigs. The fact that I'm not too proud to share my seniors moment might save someone some trouble.

Great to hear it was such an “easy” fix, and the set went well. Crazy how these types of issues can catch us at times.
Cheers
Lee

Ya... And I think it's probably healthy for the ego to suffer a few of those "you're not so smart" moments.,. Lol

Wow! I never thought about that, but those kind of LCDs work by shifting the polarization of the liquid crystal inside, so the light coming out of them has to be polarized. It's surprising that some LCDs have the issue more than others, but the LCDs have changed several times over the years.

Honestly it was so freaky… take the glasses off… looks perfect, even though it was very bright out, put them on it those displays just disappeared.

Lol.... I had the same thing happen many years ago when I first received my MMGT22... I have to wear my super cheap sunglasses when I play outside....

Last edited:
I must be going crazy because my GT16 was black and white , no color, when I played an outdoor gig recently. I thought something was wrong.
I was wearing polarized sunglasses , but I just tried out those glasses at home and it’s all ok, full color. What’s happening here, lol ?

I must be going crazy because my GT16 was black and white , no color, when I played an outdoor gig recently. I thought something was wrong.
I was wearing polarized sunglasses , but I just tried out those glasses at home and it’s all ok, full color. What’s happening here, lol ?
Migraine?? Lol

Back