Have a name for Midi Device PCs

AL270

Pedals like the boss-dd200 have a lot of available presets that can be accessed by midi (I think for the dd200 its 127 presets). Currently I have an excel spreadsheet with what each PC# does for each Midi Device, for example, for my Voodoo Lab Hex, I have a list of what each PC# does, such as:
PC#: 1 - Pedal(s): Univibe
PC#: 9 - Pedal(s): Univibe + Delay

This cross referencing can be time consuming so it would be nice to be able to rename a given PC# so that I can just select "delay" in the PC list rather than cross referencing a spreadsheet and finding delay and selecting PC# 2.

+1 for this. it would be pretty nice to not have to reference a spreadsheet and be able to pick out presets from a drop-down or something like that. Putting in all the preset names would be pretty time-consuming though..

+1 for this. I agree that putting in the names would be time consuming but very worth it, especially with more and more no screen MIDI pedals coming on the market.
I currently have a SCROLL page that lets me scroll PCs for each of my MIDI pedals. The screen currently shows the name of the pedal I'm controlling and the PC medal that the PBC is sending, it would also be great if this display could show the name assigned to that PC for that pedal.

+1

This would be very helpful for pedals like the Source Audio nemesis that has 128 presets but essentially no way to displaying the name or settings as you scroll through them with the PBC.

I’m picturing that if you could name PCs, that name would be displayed on the PBC screen as you increase or decrease the PC number.

Back