Having issues using expression for H9 & HX Stomp

JJT

I can’t seem to get the expression pedals to respond to my Line 6 HX stomp & Eventide H9 from a KEMPER PROFILER controlled by a Mastermind GT. I’ve followed pretty much everything you’ve done in your Webinars and still can’t get anything to either pedals.

Expression pedals are connected to the GT. I have the Kemper dialed into this setting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
If the expression pedal is connected to the GT, the Kemper settings won't have any effect on how the expression pedal works. The GT's settings and the expression pedal settings on the effect pedals are what matters in this case.

Are the pedals responding to anything from the GT at this point? Do they change presets, for example?

Are you setting up the Kemper to send program changes to the pedal? If so, you must have them connected to the MIDI output of the Kemper. If you want the GT's MIDI commands to reach the pedals, they need to be plugged into the Kemper's MIDI Thru. In a configuration like this, you're better off controlling everything from the GT and not have the GT controlling some things and the Kemper controlling others.

That worked. Thank you for your help. One thing I’ve been having issues with is my expression pedals staying calibrated and one of the pedals won’t go all the way to 100% in the toe position. Gets stuck right at 97%. Even after calibration, reading the settings on the editor and then saving. Shortly after they seem to start acting up again. Is it possible I may need to re-solder the TRS cables?

Last edited:
It could be the cables. It's hard to say without actually testing them.

What expression pedals are you using?

Start swapping cables and pedals to different expression pedal inputs. That should help you identify whether the cable, the pedal or the input is the culprit.

Back