Help Getting GT16 & Expression Pedal to Control Line 6 Helix Rack Wah, Etc.

Matt

After watching all the videos and forum posts I can find as well as trying to get these devices to show any sign of working together, I surrender to the forums for help.

1) I've got an Ernie Ball passive volume pedal connected via TRS-Y cable to the EXP1 input of the GT16 and calibration shows correct sweep.

2) In the Mastermind Editor I have Expression Pedal 1 set to device 2, which is assigned to Helix, midi channel 2.

3) On the Helix Rack I have Midi channel 2 assigned, and in the Command Center I've goofed around with EXP 1 midi CC settings etc and nothing happens.

That's as far as I've been able to get. Please let me know what the settings are in these devices to get my expression pedal to operate the Helix Wah, Volume etc pedal blocks.

Cheers,
Matt

I gave the forum a try but this is why forums are ineffective and time consuming. Just call tech support.

I would have responded earlier, but I don't have enough experience with a Helix to be able to deal with that side of things. I was hoping someone else did. On the GT, as long as the pedal is calibrated, and is set up with the correct device, MIDI channel and CC number, that's all that needs to be done on that side.

From a quick look at some Helix information online, if you send CC#1 to the Helix, that corresponds to Exp 1. Then, you have to set up the preset so that Exp 1 controls the desired effect. That's the part I don't know how to do.

If I recall correctly, the Command Center is used to make the Helix send MIDI messages, and isn't used for receiving messages.

I'm swamped because I'm learning from scratch the Mastermind GT, the Editor software and the Helix Rack at the same time. I have an HX Effects, so I'm at least familiar with the Helix system, but the rest is totally new to me and feels like I have to have a PhD in engineering to make sound come out. Before making this original forum post asking for help, I'd spent about 3 hours troubleshooting and trying to get this pedal to work through the Mastermind/Helix connection with no results. I've watched about 14 hours of Youtube videos on these devices and still can't find any info. One literally has to be sitting in front of all of the devices with two companies one the phone troubleshooting it all at once.

Back