Help sending auto tap tempo to multiple pedals

middle_pickup

I currently use the auto tap to clock my Deluxe Memory Man, but I want to add a DD-5 soon. How can I split that tap signal to two pedals? I don't have another function switch to spare exclusively for the DD-5.

I suppose the answer would be to use a Y-cable, but I don't recommend it. Without knowing the circuitry of the pedals, it's quite possible that you could damage one or both pedals, or at least end up with a ground loop. Using one function switch output per pedal is the only way that's safe.

I suppose the answer would be to use a Y-cable, but I don't recommend it. Without knowing the circuitry of the pedals, it's quite possible that you could damage one or both pedals, or at least end up with a ground loop. Using one function switch output per pedal is the only way that's safe.
That's unfortunate, but thanks for the heads up. I think I'm going to buy a Disaster Area DMC.micro midi controller to the board. I can use its multi-jack as my 5th function switch. Hopefully, I will be able to use the DMC's two footswitch buttons to scroll song banks on the PBC too. Would be nice to free up a couple of buttons for other things.

Hey Zach,

Did you manage to get DMC to function the way you wanted it to? I had the same idea, to use a DMC Micro as an extension of my RJM PBC 6X through the External Footswitch jack and Multijack (non MIDI) but I wasn't sure how to configure that. Any help would be great!

Hey Zach,

Did you manage to get DMC to function the way you wanted it to? I had the same idea, to use a DMC Micro as an extension of my RJM PBC 6X through the External Footswitch jack and Multijack (non MIDI) but I wasn't sure how to configure that. Any help would be great!

Sorry, it's not possible to use a DMC Micro or any other controller with the external switch input. The external switch jack accepts only simple momentary pushbutton switches. But, if you do have a single or dual momentary footswitch, you can configure the external switches as bank switches.

More info on external switches:
https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/en/s...n-external-switch-for-a-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

Hey Zach,

I actually haven't added the DD-5 or a new tempo controller to my board yet, but I did decide on getting a Selah Quartz. It seems to be the best solution. It's not super high on my priority list right now, but I'll post an update after I get it all set up.

Man. This year has been crazy. I had to put off rebuilding my board, and I've forgetten all of my research for this part of the project. I'm trying to figure out if I absolutely need a quartz timer since they've been out of stock for several months. :/

Can the PBC/10 set different subdivisions for different auto taps? I plan on using the DD-5 for mostly dotted eighths, and the deluxe memory man normally stays on eighths.

Man. This year has been crazy. I had to put off rebuilding my board, and I've forgetten all of my research for this part of the project. I'm trying to figure out if I absolutely need a quartz timer since they've been out of stock for several months. :/

Can the PBC/10 set different subdivisions for different auto taps? I plan on using the DD-5 for mostly dotted eighths, and the deluxe memory man normally stays on eighths.

Unfortunately not, there's only one auto tap function that applies to everything.

Unfortunately not, there's only one auto tap function that applies to everything.
Bummer. I remember being so excited about the auto tap feature years ago. I'm prety sure I even loaded the beta firmware. Haha Even though I'll have to move to a standalone tap tempo controller like the quartz timer to get the DD-5 going, I really appreciate you adding in that feature after the fact. It has been a HUGE deal for my rig. My deluxe memory man and I thank you!

Back