Help with Output B -- is this not possible?

LeeB

I'm trying to setup two mono amps. One with an FX loop and one without.

Amp A has an effects loop and is setup to use the FX loop with the proper routing necessary using the Mastermind. FX loop pedals activate in their individual loops as they should. No problems there.

What I want to be able to do is setup a second amp using Output B, that has no fx loop, and that will only see the FX that are running straight into the front of the amps. But that doesn't seem to be working for me. There's no audio outputted, as far as I can tell, from output B right now. Even think both outputs A and B are both activated on the Mastermind.

Like I said, amp A works great. Am I just trying to get output B to do something it doesn't? I know in the diagram for two amps it shows the second amp being a power amp an FX return.

Is that the only way this works? I'm guessing I'm either doing something really wrong or I'm just trying to get the unit to do something it doesn't do and that the routing won't allow for.

Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• 20190829_221034.jpg
    20190829_221034.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 12
Just to clarify, the second amp I'm using, I'm trying to run into the front of the second amp. Not into the FX return (there isn't one).

That diagram is intended for use in a stereo system - you'll need stereo pedals in loops 7-10 for that.

If you did have all stereo pedals, the effects in front, the first amp's preamp and the pedals in the first amp's loop all being fed into the second amp's input.

If you only want the first six pedals going into the second amp, you'll need to use a splitter to split the signal coming out of Out 5-6 to the inputs of both amps.

Back