Help with Source Audio Collider CC

Dimitri Papadimitriou

Hello folks, need some help with the SA Collider. I realize that it doesn't do spillover, so I have to watch how I program PBC presets and the presets on the Collider. Typically I leave a plate reverb always on. So that kind of helps. So what I'm trying to do is...

PBC preset 1- dirty rhythm with just reverb
PBC preset 2- dirty lead with same reverb and tape delay

I was told on thegearpage.net by some SA folks, I shouldn't use PC messages and use CC instead to avoid DSP dump and having latency in preset swtiches....which is happening. If I keep same Collider preset on both PBC presets, it's fine since nothing is changing.

Can someone please give me some tips / CC values per this PDF on how to progam the preset actions on PBC? I really love the sounds of the pedal, but if it's driving me bonkers with the DSP dump and cut outs. Like I said, I usually keep verb always on in background and just switch delays on between analog slap, medium digital and longer tape leads among all my presets on the PBC. Not too complicated, but just need to get the workflow right.

having another issue....

I have created three presets on rjm. Clean, Dirty, Lead. every time I cycle through all three, the rjm turns on both the FN switches that control two blocks on HX stomp. (basically on one of the button pages, I've assigned two IA buttons - to operate the HX FS4 and FS5.) then I cycle through them again, and the rjm turns them off.... every three presses, it alternates on / off status of those buttons.

I've assigned CC messages working right with collider to turn on/off the delay. Now though, I have this issue. ugh. I hate being a midiot. Can somone give advice or look at the rjm file attached

Attachments

• backup-12-11-21.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Which presets are you referring to? I see that you reassigned some buttons to control FS4 and FS5 by sending CC messages, but I don't see your clean/dirty/lead presets you're describing.

The presets are labeled Maiden, Contstable and Constable Lead. I will say, I went onto the unit itself and turned off the fn switches on the first preset (Maiden) and saved it and it stopped doing it.

I'm not sure where the issue was, but it seems to work now. I keep the Collider reverb always on. But I do want to ask...if I want to keep a digital delay and a sprint reverb on an rjm preset and then on the next preset, use the SAME reverb but change to a tape delay, would I need to send a combo of PC and CC messages? That's what's kind of confusing me on this pedal because it's two engines

But I do want to ask...if I want to keep a digital delay and a sprint reverb on an rjm preset and then on the next preset, use the SAME reverb but change to a tape delay, would I need to send a combo of PC and CC messages? That's what's kind of confusing me on this pedal because it's two engines
I'm not sure that's possible. PCs seem to affect both sides at the same time. I recommend contacting Source Audio.

The presets are labeled Maiden, Contstable and Constable Lead. I will say, I went onto the unit itself and turned off the fn switches on the first preset (Maiden) and saved it and it stopped doing it.

I'm not sure where the issue was, but it seems to work now. I keep the Collider reverb always on. But I do want to ask...if I want to keep a digital delay and a sprint reverb on an rjm preset and then on the next preset, use the SAME reverb but change to a tape delay, would I need to send a combo of PC and CC messages? That's what's kind of confusing me on this pedal because it's two engines
By default, each preset saves the bypass state of each of the two engines. If both are on when you save, then they will both be on when you load it. Unfortunately, while there are MIDI CC messages that can turn either side on/off, the Collider's MIDI implementation is rather poor, and it cannot handle receiving a CC right after a PC message. (This is a big part of why I ultimately sold mine).

I will note that there are CC commands that can be sent that allow you to open a specified preset with any combination of sides engaged/disengaged (see its MIDI implementation guide). I wasn't able to think of a way to utilize it in a way that synergized well with the PBC workflow, but your mileage may vary.

So what did you end up with? Right now its ok and working bc I always leave the reverb on, but I was considering Alexander History Lesson V3 or Walrus D1 and a simple plate verb to run into

So what did you end up with? Right now its ok and working bc I always leave the reverb on, but I was considering Alexander History Lesson V3 or Walrus D1 and a simple plate verb to run into
I ended up with an Empress Echosystem, but I was only ever using the Collider for delays, so I doubt that would work for you. (Though if you do need a fantastic delay with great MIDI capabilities, the Echosystem will absolutely meet that need!)

I ended up with an Empress Echosystem, but I was only ever using the Collider for delays, so I doubt that would work for you. (Though if you do need a fantastic delay with great MIDI capabilities, the Echosystem will absolutely meet that need!)
That looks like a great one. Too much pedal for me though. I only really ever use tape and digital delays so I dont need something that robust. Right now just using cc bypass messages is working for the delay on or off since i leave reverb on. I feel like I may have to make my workflow similar to that of snapshots in the HX. Like a song I use has to only use one preset on SA collider to aboid PC dumps.

Otherwise, do you think using only a dedicated midi delay pedal and a standalone reveeb would work better?

Just adding, I've had good success just using the later cc's to recall a preset with whatever bypass states I choose. I have a page on the PBC for my collider that will select between 5 or 6 presets. I do utilize the rjm midi delay feature since I also control the collider via expression. Definitely took some work to get it working but all is well. I can echo PianoMan's comment that the ecosystem works great too and has good sounds to it.

Just adding, I've had good success just using the later cc's to recall a preset with whatever bypass states I choose. I have a page on the PBC for my collider that will select between 5 or 6 presets. I do utilize the rjm midi delay feature since I also control the collider via expression. Definitely took some work to get it working but all is well. I can echo PianoMan's comment that the ecosystem works great too and has good sounds to it.
can you explain in more detail what you mean by using the later ccs? would love to know as I do enjoy the pedal and it's sounds / usage

Back