Help with switcher and fn switch

Dimitri Papadimitriou

Hello all,

Heres my kenundrum which leads to the question.

I have two high output tube preamps in loops of my PBC6X along with other analog pedals. The PBC6X is in the FX loop of a Line 6 HX Stomp. Its in the loop so I can maneuver effects around. When I push up the volume of the tube preamps, it clips the block. Not good to clip, but the pres are meant to be pushed.

If I remove the preamps from the PBC6X, to put last in chain, I lose ability to switch between them which I need. So my question...

If I removed them, can I use the PBC6X fn sw jack to go into another two loop pedal to put preamps in, and switch between. Basically the way youd go into an amp footswitch jack? If so I could build the presets using the fn buttons 1 2 right? If that would work, what kind of pedal is there to use?

Last edited:
I've never used one, but Gig Rig makes a product called a Loopy that should work with the function switch outputs of the PBC and do what you need.

So in essence, I would put the loopy 2 (and the tube preamps) in a loop of PBC6 X ...or run it after PBC6X ...and then either fn sw 1 or fn sw 2 within the PBC6X would control which loop is engaged in the Loopy 2? Basically giving me amp channel switching sort of. So I could basically build those fn sw commands into presets? So preset 1 could engage fn sw 1 to be on with certain pedals....and then preset 2 could use fn sw 2 to swtich to that second loop?

It seems like it should work, as long as you never want to turn off both preamps for any reason.

Back