HX Stomp Midi Thru

Wesley Winford

I am trying to get my HX Stomp to pass along midi to be able to create a loop with my PBC and Strymon pedals to connect to my laptop with one usb cable. I haven't had any success yet. My midi chain is PBC>timeline>bigsky>hx stomp>PBC>usb to laptop. Anyone know if this is possible? I'd also like my HX stomp to be able to connect to my laptop as well, so I can access HX edit and nixie at the same time. Not sure if I'm getting midi settings correct on HX stomp.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. There's a MIDI Thru option in the global MIDI settings. As long as it is on, you should be good to go.

I think you have to use the USB port on the HX Stomp itself to use HX Edit. That said, I don't see why you couldn't use HX Edit and Nixie at the same time as long as you have separate USB connections.

On that note, I'm currently planning a board where I'll be using quite a few pedals with USB ports for use with editors (PBC 6X, HX Stomp, Specular Tempus, Selah Quartz, Morningstar MC-6, and a Big Sky connected to Nixie through the PBC USB port). My plan is to connect everything to a USB hub to access everything through one USB connection. I'll post on if it works or not when I build it in a few months, but thought I'd throw out the idea in case you wanted to try something similar for your specific case.

Back