HX Stomp question

Dimitri Papadimitriou

Thought I had a grasp on this, but I guess not.

I have my first page which is basically 4 presets that all work on the same HX preset (so I have the PC number correct)

On preset 4, I want to to turn on 3 loops and then access only my delay from the HX stomp.

My PC message is right, but what do I have to do to get the delay from the HX preset to turn on. I've tried adding action, add cc action, and nothing seems to work. At one point, I thought I did it correct and when I hit the PBC preset 4 button, it would briefly light up the third footswitch (the one I assigned to delay) and then quickly turn off and not fire anything.

Help appreciate.

That last sentence leads me to believe you have a conflict, one button sending a CC action to turn the delay on and another sending a CC action to turn it off.

Keep in mind that any IA button that has "Send on Preset Change" will send its messages every time you change presets, even if you're not currently on that button page. See if you have any buttons that control the Delay block on the HX Stomp and make sure that Send on Preset Change is turned off on them. Or, make use of that button, and program the button to turn on for those presets you wish to have the delay turn on. You can program IA buttons to turn on or off by clickin on them in the Presets tab.

I started fresh, the only thing in the file is the 4 presets. The buttons are all preset, none are IA. I'm basically using the factory setting...frist page which is presets. The first three buttons are presets and engage audio loops, and send a PC message all to the same HX stomp preset. The 4th button I want for lead delay. I kept it as a preset button, turned off send on preset change on the button. Then I added the CC message that turns it on. When I went to that button, it turned on the delay only as planned. However, when I switched over to preset three...it changed my audio loops properly, but the delay stayed on.

Should I just make everything IA buttons?

Preset actions only trigger when you enter a preset. So, if you have a preset that has a CC action that turns off the delay, you also need to add an action to every other preset that turns off the delay. This approach works, but requires more worj (potentially adding lots of CC actions to each preset)

For that reason, I recommend creating IA buttons that control each effect block. Then, as I mentioned above, program those buttons to turn on for presets where you want the effect turned on. On all other presets, the button will default being off and will automatically turn off the effect for you.

So as an example...Let's say I start from the factory pages (where page 1 has 4 presets).

I want to have the first button (Preset 1) to be my lead tone by which I want audio loop 2 and 3 open and want a delay from Preset 1 on the HX Stomp.

1. I have to open devices and put HX stomp on device 1
2. Go into presets, select 1 and then assign the correct PC change number to HX stomp preset where my delay is.
3. I need to open up audio loop 2 and 3

Now is where I'm fuzzy. Where do I create the IA button?

I assume I stay on PResets tab and work within the confines of the area below PC messages section with buttons? Do I need to create a local page? I noticed in the dropdown at the buttom it allows me to choose which page. What's the difference between preset specified and local page? Does this particular IA button always open that delay and can it be used in other presets?

Sorry for so many questions but this thing is amazing and has so much functionality. I'm trying to wrap my head around certain functions so I can set up my board right. I only have one midi pedal (HX Stomp) by which I access presets to either use snapshots...or just one effects block from it. Pianoman Drew sent me a great file template for the HX...by which top three buttons change bw snapshots and bottom three below open up individual blocks on same preset. The far bottom left is a Home / IA Store which naviagates you to his page 1. Thats a brilliant layout but I gotta figure out a good navigation system since I don't have room for an external switch.

Is there a good switch that works well with this device you could reccomend?

With the HX Stomp blocks engage/bypass I had similar issues. The solution I used is:

- Create a separate page for your blocks
- Set up the IA button and program the CC msg
- Design your preset on the Presets page and when you want that delay block to engage - navigate to the page with your Stomp blocks and select that button to be on.

I use this for a gain block and it's worked perfectly.

Back