HX Stomp Snapshots

Terry Richalds

Hey guys!

Trying to get my Mastermind to change Snapshots on the HX Stomp whenever I change presets. One Preset will be on Snapshot 1 - but when I have another Preset set to change the Stomp to Snapshot 2 via an IA button Engaged on the Mastermind (Button 2) - it doesn't switch Snapshots. I'm lost after following the MIDI CC commands set up on my Mastermind. I've attached my .rjs file!

**HELP**!!!!!

Attachments

• Pedalboard.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'm not able to sit down and go through your file at this moment, but I do exactly what you're asking on my 6X with zero issues. My setup file is attached for reference. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Mastermind PBC 6X Setup.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
I'm not able to sit down and go through your file at this moment, but I do exactly what you're asking on my 6X with zero issues. My setup file is attached for reference. Hope it helps!

Thanks man. Love your setup. It looks like you have 3 dedicated buttons a few Button pages in to assign what Snapshot you want on per preset. For me - I'm trying to Toggle the Snapshot numbers based on a couple of buttons. When IA Button 2 is engaged I want Snapshot 2 to be engaged. But when I turn that same Button OFF - I want it to toggle back to Snapshot 1. When I have Button 4 engaged I want Snapshot 3 to be engaged - and when I turn it off I want Snapshot 1 to be engaged. This works great when I do it manually on the PBC. But when I'm switching presets - the functionality just doesn't seem to work :(

Ok now I'm weirded out - Snapshot 1 and Snapshot 3 work when toggling them with an IA button and switching PBC Presets. But Snapshot 2 continues not to o_O

You need to set all of your snapshot buttons to have the same group number so that it's not possible to turn more than one on. Also, edit each snapshot button and set the off value to None. The way you have it set now, all three buttons send their CC messages on every preset change, causing a conflict. You only want the button that's currently turned on to send its message.

Ok I tried that but it never toggles back to Snapshot 1 once I engage Snapshot 2 or 3. So then I tried to set the Off value to zero so they would Toggle back to Snapshot 1 in this new button Group. That still doesn't work either. So I suppose I have to assign individual IA buttons on the PBC for Snapshots 1, 2 and 3 in order for the Button Group thing to do what I need. Strange that the Stomp won't respond properly to the PBC's CC Toggle commands :(

I didn't catch the fact that you were trying to do 3 snapshots with two buttons. You need to do more setup to get exactly one snapshot message to be sent on each button press.

- In the Global tab's Group Settings box, select the group number you're using for the snapshot buttons. Then, in Group Settings:
-- Turn off Send Off Msgs for that group
-- Turn on Allow All Buttons Off for that group
- -Add an action to the group: HX Stomp:Snapshot / CC Toggle off:0 on:None

Now, when you press Crunch it selects snapshot 2. Pressing Shred selects snapshot 3. Turning off both will trigger the group action which selects snapshot 1.

I didn't catch the fact that you were trying to do 3 snapshots with two buttons. You need to do more setup to get exactly one snapshot message to be sent on each button press.

- In the Global tab's Group Settings box, select the group number you're using for the snapshot buttons. Then, in Group Settings:
-- Turn off Send Off Msgs for that group
-- Turn on Allow All Buttons Off for that group
- -Add an action to the group: HX Stomp:Snapshot / CC Toggle off:0 on:None

Now, when you press Crunch it selects snapshot 2. Pressing Shred selects snapshot 3. Turning off both will trigger the group action which selects snapshot 1.

Oh man - I'm sorry for the bad communication originally Ron. Thank you for looking into that. That's exactly what I want to have happen. I'll look into it in the morning when I'm with my gear and confirm.

Ron... you make dreams come true. Every time I try some crazy new approach to my PBC setup - you always seem to have a WAY to make it work. Thank you! Works perfectly!

Great! Glad to hear it's working! I've been updating the Masterminds based on user requests for 8 years now, so we do have a lot of things covered!

Back