I think my brand new Mastermind LT is broken.

I'm happy to hear it's coming together now!
Yeah, I'm really, really, REALLY loving this system now that I get it.

I have just a few more questions. Nothing big. Just asking to be pointed in the right direction to learn how to do these things I want to do with the system.

1. Is there a way to make a "Preset Max" in the Banks so that once I hit my last preset in bank mode it cycles back to the first preset instead of showing me blank presets?

2. I would like to add secondary functions to the presets. The function I would like to add to all of the presets is a momentary switch function that adds another pedal into the loop of the current preset when the preset's button is pressed and held, then removes the added pedal from the signal path once the button is let up. How would I go about doing that? I suspect it's something to do with IA buttons/functions but any nudge in the right direction would be very helpful.

3. If my request in "2." is not possible, is it possible to add a secondary momentary switch function to a single button that will add another pedal into the currently selected preset and remove the pedal from the signal path when this button is let up... if this route, I'm thinking it would be good to add this secondary function to my page button.

4. Is there a way to change preset names in song/setlists? I have my presets defined as "WAH", "PHASER", "CHORUS", "PITCHFORK", "WAH PHASER", etc. for ease of recognition in the bank mode... but I would like to name the presets differently for setlist mode ("Intro", "Verse", "Hook", "Bridge/Solo", "Outro"...). Is what I'm asking possible? Or should I just duplicate the desired preset down the list in presets and rename it then use these duplicated/renamed presets in song parts lables for song/setlist mode?

Again, THANK YOU!

As of 5.0.0, you can set min and max on bank up / bank down buttons to limit their range. Note that it uses bank numbers and not preset numbers.

#2 could be done using hold functions under the preset buttons, but this is a per-button setting, not per-preset. For example, you can define your leftmost preset button to turn on loop 5 when held, but that button will always do that, no matter what bank you're on. So, this will work fine for fixed preset buttons, but not normal (banked) preset buttons - unless you're ok with the button always triggering the same loop.

#3 is no problem. If you want the button to change from preset to preset, you can use a local button page to have different button definitions for each preset.

Sorry, presets always carry their name over to songs, you can't rename them within a song.

As of 5.0.0, you can set min and max on bank up / bank down buttons to limit their range. Note that it uses bank numbers and not preset numbers.

#2 could be done using hold functions under the preset buttons, but this is a per-button setting, not per-preset. For example, you can define your leftmost preset button to turn on loop 5 when held, but that button will always do that, no matter what bank you're on. So, this will work fine for fixed preset buttons, but not normal (banked) preset buttons - unless you're ok with the button always triggering the same loop.

#3 is no problem. If you want the button to change from preset to preset, you can use a local button page to have different button definitions for each preset.

Sorry, presets always carry their name over to songs, you can't rename them within a song.
Right on!

All that works and is appreciated. As for song presets having different names I'll just use my suggested solution. I mean, 768 presets, I'll be lucky to have 2OO songs so duplicating them and renaming for songs and setlists isn't a big loss or big deal.

Again, your help is very much appreciated! I now fully understand why RJM is a go to for the Pros and becoming a go to for the porsumer and consumer markets. I'm now an RJM familymember FOR LIFE!

Do you have a thread on the forum to share info and media on rigs people have built? I'd love to share mine and give insight to what I've learned for future newbies like myself.

THANKS AGAIN!

I just updated to 5.O.O

Where do I go to limit bank numbers?

Also, I've been setting up and playing with songs and setlists. I press Buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously to get the the internal menu and select a setlist, but how do I get back to presets mode?

Last edited:
I just updated to 5.O.O

Where do I go to limit bank numbers?

When you edit a bank button in the editor, you can specify min and max values, in the upper left section of the window.

Also, I've been setting up and playing with songs and setlists. I press Buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously to get the the internal menu and select a setlist, but how do I get back to presets mode?
Pressing the Exit button moves up one menu level, and gets you out of setup mode if you press it at the top level of menus.

When you edit a bank button in the editor, you can specify min and max values, in the upper left section of the window.

Pressing the Exit button moves up one menu level, and gets you out of setup mode if you press it at the top level of menus.
Righto... but I have beenlooking into assigning an IA button that can toggle between preset and stlist modes. Probably the PAGe button.
Should I set this up as a momentary switch?

Righto... but I have beenlooking into assigning an IA button that can toggle between preset and stlist modes. Probably the PAGe button.
Should I set this up as a momentary switch?

If you want it to toggle between two values, then don't turn on Momentary.

Back