IA Cycle for Axe FX blocks

Neill00

I thought I would post this in case anyone else finds it useful.

I did some research in these forums and I see that for using channels it is suggested that you use the main switch for on/off and the hold to cycle through channels. If I had a GT 16 or 22 this is likely how I would set it up. Given that I have a GT10 I decide to sacrifice having access to all 4 channels of a given block and use one of the steps as the OFF. It wasn’t immediately obvious how to achieve this but I got it to work using a macro. Let’s use Chorus for example. I set up a macro that first has the Chorus 1 off=0 on=127 CC action, then added a CC for Chorus 1 with off=none and on =1. This macro both turns on the chorus and chooses channel A of the Chorus Block. Then to program the button itself Step 1 is Chorus 1 on=0 off=0 to turn off the chorus. Step 2 is the macro I created above. Step 3 is Chorus 1 off=none on=2 for chorus channel B and Step 4 is Chorus 1 off=none on =3 for chorus channel C.

This may not be useful for everyone especially if you typically turn your chorus on and off in the middle of the song but for me the guitar tone for the song either has chorus or it doesn’t. Now I can easily audition how much chorus I want. I can do IA store with the appropriate setting so for those effects that are typically on or for for a song this can be useful.

Back