IA Cycle - Light Issue?

matt-phaeleh

I've just been tidying up my setup this evening, and randomly any button which use IA cycles no longer lights up.

They appear greyed out (unlit) on the GT16 and in the editor too, though they still cycle through the steps and function correctly otherwise.

The same buttons light up perfectly for any other type of button. If I turn IA Cycle off, the button lights up as normal, if I turn IA Cycle back on, it no longer lights up again.

I've only been doing minor changes, but I can never rule out human error on my part, just wondered if anyone had come across anything similar? I've reinstalled the latest firmware, and the only other factor I could think of was that I started working on OSX, then switched to Windows 7, but I do this frequently without any other previous problems.

Any suggestions of boxes to untick or settings to change, no matter how obvious will be much appreciated! :)

When you look at the settings for each IA cycle step, what color is specified for each step? Are they black in the editor as well, or something else?

There are a variety of the brighter colours, though I did notice on some of them, the step name and colour had been reset, so they were black with no text. Though even after changing these back to the original settings, the colours don't work. The text reads 'Step 1', 'Step 2' etc regardless of what it should be saying.

The editor and setup options on the pedal itself show the text it should be, and lists the correct colours, they just don't show up correctly and remain black on the pedal itself. I tried a factory reset and copying my settings back over, but suspect the issue is somewhere in my patch.

I'll backup my files and make a new patch tomorrow to see if it still does it on a blank canvas, and report back.

Thanks to my accountant dropping some last minute work on me, it might take a while to try a few different approaches to this one.

I've attached the last save I did and here's a list of broken IA Cycles, so if anyone is completely bored and wants to help, then feel free to get involved :lol:

Page 2 - FADE OUT (Next to Erase + Rec)
Page 3 - Division (Next to Bigsky/timeline top right)
(Incidentally the timeline and bigsky buttons at the bottom right have started to light up, but the text refuses to work correctly)
Page 6 - Sweep 1 (Next to main)
Page 6 - Random (Next to Vox BR Random)
Page 10 - Timeline (Top Right - Should read A or B. It’ll just say step)
Page 10 - Same as above but with Big Sky. (A, B, C)

Ignore page 1, it's a mess where I was throwing left over buttons...

This was all literally working fine until I moved some pages around and switched computers. Everything on the computer and unit reads fine in the editors, just not on the real thing. I've done every FW reinstall I can find (including the buttons) and a factory reset... If there are any other suggestions for 'resets' I could do which might help out let me know!

Attachments

• Matt-GT16v2.rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Thank you Ron, that works beautifully! Next time I'm Stateside, I"m tracking you down and buying you a pint! :cool:

On a slightly different note, is there a way to jump to the 'local page' easily? I've found I can only get there by placing my main page on page 15 and using a page up button, but didn't have much joy trying other methods on pages not adjacent to the local page.

You should be able to create an IA button with a System / Page 16 action to get you to the local page

Come on over, I'm always up for a pint! :)

I'll make that happen next time i'm over! :cool:

I had tried that previously, as most my other stuff is done from IA commands of some sort, though on the page setting it goes from 0-15, and 0 doesn't seem to do anything, the 1-15 work as expected though. I just confirmed this again. Is there a setting somewhere that can change the range back to 1-16 that I've missed?

Back