IA Mode - CC should read ON / OFF state from preset

LukeTheMore

Hi all !

I set up my first 4 preset (using buttons 1 to 4) ... everything works fine.

I set up the "Function button" as "IA Mode" then I set up the IA Mode for every 4 preset buttons (OFF > red color - ON > green color):

- button 1 > CC#81 (off: 0 - on: 127)
- button 2 > CC#82 (off: 0 - on: 127)
- button 3 > CC#83 (off: 0 - on: 127)
- button 4 > CC#84 (off: 0 - on: 127)

Now ...

In my preset 4 I send the ON command on all my CCs but, when I press the IA Mode button, I always have the "OFF state" (red led color) ... even if they are ON.

Is there a way to "read" the preset 4 settings and display the "ON" state ?

I hope I was able to describe everything ...

You say you're sending the CCs, but how are you doing that? The way the Mastermind is designed, the best way to do it is have the buttons themselves send the messages. That way, their on/off state always follows the actual state of the device you're controlling.

On those buttons, turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. Then, in the Presets tab, select a preset, and click those buttons (on screen) to turn them on and off as desired. You can program the state of those buttons differently for each preset.

More details on Send on Preset Change / Update on Preset Change can be found in this video:
IA Button Options

Hi ... thanks for your answer !

I attach some pics of my setup, so it's easier to understand what I'm doing ! :)

In the preset 3 I'm not sending any CC to my amplifier ... so, when I press the IA Button, I would have all my IA Buttons in RED (off status)

In the preset 4 I'm sending ON messages to all my CCs ... so, when I press the IA Button, I would have all my IA Buttons in GREEN (on status)

Is it possible to do that ?

P.S.: the device is called "EVH 5150" but I have another amp ... I didn't change the name already

Attachments

• buttons_preset.png
    buttons_preset.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • buttons_ia.png
    buttons_ia.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
  • preset3_no_cc.png
    preset3_no_cc.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 2
  • preset4_all_on.png
    preset4_all_on.png
    135 KB · Views: 2
If you don't use preset actions and instead program the IA button states as I mentioned above, then yes, you can do that. If you only want CCs sent when the buttons are on, also turn on "On Msgs Only" next to Send on Preset Change.

Mmmm ... I tryed it but I miss something ... can you check my file ?

Attachments

• lukethemore.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Send on Preset Change needs to be turned on for those buttons, and then you need to program which buttons are supposed to turn on for each preset. (None are programmed right now).

oh ... ok ! now I understand !

yes ... it's working ! I missed the last past on Presets > IA Mode > Select which IA buttons to activate ... now it's clear !

Thanks !

Obviously: I need the editor to make these settings ... I can't do that just with the pedalboard ? Is it correct ?

You can't do the one-time settings (Send on preset change, etc.) without the editor. However, if you have a button that's defined as "IA Store", you can use that to store the button's state to the current preset without needing the editor. You might want to add it as a hold function on the IA Mode button.

The process would be:
1). Select a preset on the LT
2). Switch to IA Mode
3). Turn on the desired switches
4). Hold the IA Mode / IA Store button to store (it stores after 3 seconds)
repeat for each preset

awesome ! that's exactly what I needed !

I want to say that your products are fenomenal: I tried other MIDI controller / pedalboard in the past, but no one of them is so well engineered !

:cool:

Back