IAs with multiple steps and changing labels

AdrianG

I'm currently rewriting my whole workflow on my GT22/AxeFX3, and have a great idea that I have not been able to get working on it yet (mostly due to user error).

Question 1
Firstly, I used to have 3 delay IAs on my main page 1. I now want to have just a single Delay IA, which opens up a delay page that has all my delay IAs on it (this will save space on my main screen). So when I step on Delay IA, it will open the new page, I will select/deselect a Delay (1-3) and the I want it to automatically return back to page 1. The thing is, this works only when I activate a delay in the Delay page, but not when I deactivate the delay. E.g. all delays are off, I hit the Delay button which opens my Delay page, I hit Delay 1 to activate and it automatically returns back to Page 1 with Delay 1 activated. BUT, when you repeat the process to turn Delay 1 off, then it does not return back to Page 1, it remains on the Delay page.

I can't figure out why that is not working, here is a screenshot of the IA Actions for Delay 1 on the Delay page:
upload_2020-9-26_13-34-27.png

Question 2
Based on the first question, so when I select a delay from the Delay page, I would like to change/update the label of the Delay IA on Page 1 (i.e. the one that calls the Delay page) so that it can tell me there are active delays. I was thinking it would be cool to be able to change the label so it would be Delay 000 (each 0 is a representation of a delay), then change the label to Delay 100 if Delay 1 is enabled etc). Not sure this is possible, having gone through the manual I am pretty sure it isn't, but hoping Ron knows of some tricks here. Basically what I am asking for, is the ability of an IA to change the labels of other IAs on different pages (this might be moved to the wish section).

Thoughts, wisdom, and dishonourable insults welcome as long as they help! :)

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Sorry, there's no way to arbitrarily change a button's label at this time...

I'm not sure what's happening with the page change issue, but it may be an issue with the Page:previous action. Try replacing that with Page:1 and see if that helps.

Thanks Ron!

Sorry, there's no way to arbitrarily change a button's label at this time...
Apologies, I realised I had already asked this a few months ago!

I'm not sure what's happening with the page change issue, but it may be an issue with the Page:previous action. Try replacing that with Page:1 and see if that helps.
Unfortunately I have tried Page 1 and get the same issue.

I have uploaded my settings in case you wanted to take a look. The green button on Page 1 called Delays is the one I am using to open the delays page.

All the best,

Adrian.

Attachments

• RJM_GT22_4.5.1_28092020_Base.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Ok, I see what's going on. The System / Page action doesn't trigger when a button is being turned off. You can force it to like this:

- Go to Macros, select Macro #0
- Name it Previous Page (or whatever you like)
- Add a System / Page page: Previous action to the macro
- Turn on Force State, and set it to On

Now, on page 5, remove the System / Page action and replace it with a System / Macro off:0 on:0 action. This will call the action when the button is turned on AND when it's being turned off, and the macro will force the page to change in both cases.

You can use that macro on all of those buttons on page 5 (or any other place where you need a similar function)

Ok, I see what's going on. The System / Page action doesn't trigger when a button is being turned off. You can force it to like this:

Now, on page 5, remove the System / Page action and replace it with a System / Macro off:0 on:0 action. This will call the action when the button is turned on AND when it's being turned off, and the macro will force the page to change in both cases.

You can use that macro on all of those buttons on page 5 (or any other place where you need a similar function)

Awesome, thanks Ron! I’ll do this first thing tomorrow!

Have a good one!!

This has worked perfectly! Thank you so much!!

Time to start playing with more macros!! :):)

Back