[IMPLEMENTED IN 4.x] Wish: add "Previous Page"

Thanks Ron.

I'd like to add another wish, to accommodate the Axe-Fx III's new Channel feature:

> Expand the number of button groups, if possible.​

This would allow us III users to create a "channel select page" for each effect we often use, where we can switch between the effect's channels. Grouping buttons makes this easier. Grouping is currently limited to 12 groups.

Thanks Ron.

I'd like to add another wish, to accommodate the Axe-Fx III's new Channel feature:

> Expand the number of button groups, if possible.​

This would allow us III users to create a "channel select page" for each effect we often use, where we can switch between the effect's channels. Grouping buttons makes this easier. Grouping is currently limited to 12 groups.

Wouldn't your other idea be a better solution? ("IA Cycle Menu" is what I'm calling it on my list) That way, you don't use up button pages for all of your effect channels.

The way things are structured now, it's actually very easy for me to add groups, but I don't like to add things unnecessarily because features like that slow down the speed of preset changes. Each possible group will cause the GT to work a bit harder each preset change. It's a small amount, but eventually small amounts add up.

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. With this IA Cycle menu, could it also be used like I described below?

A button is set up as engage for an H9. Holding the button pops up a menu with preprogrammed buttons for different pc’s on the H9. Those could be named after the preset names on the H9. Select one of those, the H9 receives a midi PC and you return to the previous page. The H9 button now reads the selected preset in the bottom half of the LCD. So when the GT preset is saved it’s possible to see which H9 preset is stored.

Wouldn't your other idea be a better solution? ("IA Cycle Menu" is what I'm calling it on my list) That way, you don't use up button pages for all of your effect channels.

Ron, absolutely!

I was just thinking of alternatives in case the other suggestion might not make it. Long live the IA Cycle Menu. :)

Back