Import/Export a single button's settings?

iaresee

I've got a GT22 but I'm helping people with smaller units so I can't just send them my GT22 settings that I've tested and vetted. I'd like to get stuff setup on my GT22 and then send them just a single switch and tell them, "put this switch definition on page 5, switch 2" kind of thing.

I don't see a way to do this now -- could it be a feature add to the editor?

I'm tempted to do this with a hex editor and just dump the contents of my clipboard into a file when I use the "copy switch" function in the editor, but I'd love to see it supported by the software as an official feature.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's not available currently, but it's a good idea (and commonly requested).

The clipboard thing might work, as of 4.4 or thereabouts, the actual button data is copied to the clipboard. Prior to that, only the ID of the source button was placed on the clipboard.

@rjmmusic is there a suggested approach for building stuff on a 22 that'll translate well to a 16? like only use the bottom to rows or something?

If you use only the top three rows and keep the fourth row blank (all buttons off), it will translate exactly to a 16.

You can do that using the File / Export menu option. The only limitation is that it will load in the position it came from. An exported page 2 will always load into page 2. But, by using the Swap Pages feature you should be able to work around it (as long as you have an empty page to work with).

You can do that using the File / Export menu option. The only limitation is that it will load in the position it came from. An exported page 2 will always load into page 2. But, by using the Swap Pages feature you should be able to work around it (as long as you have an empty page to work with).
Totally missed this option. Fantastic

Back