Introducing the Mastermind LT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I'm happy to announce our first new product in a while - the Mastermind LT. This is a small MIDI controller that replaces the original Mastermind. It shares the brains of the Mastermind GT and PBC, so it's very capable and configurable.

Specs:
  • 7 buttons, each with an RGB led
  • Graphic LCD display
  • Standard MIDI In and Out with phantom power capability
  • 1 expression pedal port
  • 1 external switch input (1 or 2 button switch like GT & PBC)
  • 1 function switch output (2 switches on a TRS connector)
  • USB device port for connection to PC and Mac - the LT can be powered over USB
  • USB host port for flash drive
  • 9V/12V power, 150mA
  • 768 presets, 1008 songs, 64 setlists, 16 button pages (plus 1 page per preset)
The design is basically the Mastermind PBC with all audio hardware removed, with 2 less function switches and 4 less buttons. It uses the same editor and firmware files as the PBC.

I'm planning to be selling this sometime in November. We're just about to start building the first units. The US price will be $399. I envision these being used on pedalboards for controlling Eventide and Strymon pedals, or as a controller for music apps on PC & Mac, but of course it should work in any MIDI related situation.

Questions? Lemme know!

mmlt_ad.jpg

MMLT_back_1280.jpg

That could be a great alternative controller for a small-board setup. I love my GT10, but am a little tempted to check this out :)

Great concept! I love my rack rigs, but I need to upgrade my board-based rig. This looks damn near perfect. Think you got another winner.

This is the perfect controller combined with the Effect Gizmo for my first rack based setup.
Great product, the ability to change the functions of the buttons is an absolute must for me.

Can I pre-order it?

This is the perfect controller combined with the Effect Gizmo for my first rack based setup.
Great product, the ability to change the functions of the buttons is an absolute must for me.

Can I pre-order it?

We aren't planning on pre-orders for this one, but it's coming soon, by the end of the month, hopefully sooner.

Also it does not specify but does the phantom power midi out jack function as both input and output, when combined with one of your phantom power boxes (with 5 pin input and output)?

Looks like we will finally start shipping on the 19th.

Pins 6 and 7 on both MIDI jacks are tied together (6 to 6, 7 to 7), and they are tied to the power jack. So, you can feed power into any one of the three jacks and it'll come out the other two. The connection between the power jack and the MIDI jacks is protected with a 1 amp resettable fuse. The phantom power pins can handle a maximum of 2A.

Does it work with the PPA-DIN7F-2 midi power box. Meaning can I run one 7 pin cable from the mastermind LT output to the PPA-DIN7F-2 and use the two 5 pin connectors on the PPA-DIN7F-2 to send and get midi messages from the mastermind LT to my midi routing device.

Does it work with the PPA-DIN7F-2 midi power box. Meaning can I run one 7 pin cable from the mastermind LT output to the PPA-DIN7F-2 and use the two 5 pin connectors on the PPA-DIN7F-2 to send and get midi messages from the mastermind LT to my midi routing device.

Yes, it does work with our phantom power boxes. Just remember to turn on Bidirectional MIDI in the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back