Is There any MM-GT and PBC Integration?

scratch17

I've asked this question a long time back. Ron, you told me that something was planned, but I never saw any other info.

I am hoping to use my GT10 as the master controller with the PBC as a slave. I want to control the PBC's loop switching on the GT10 and use PBC buttons for added IA. In effect (pardon the pun), I want to add buttons to the GT as well as loops. I hope that makes sense.

I'd like to be able to set up a rig centered around my Kemper and a Fractal FX3. I'd like to make both devices capable of hosting the stack. Then the other device would become a hardware effects box in the effects loop. I'd use a PBC loop as send/return to the Fractal, and vice versa with the Kemper to accomplish the routing.

I split my guitar's signal with a Radial JDV MK III. The JDV provides me with enough outputs to send Hi Z outputs to the KPA, and an analog amp rig with two preamps. I will eliminate an analog preamp to provide an input for the Fractal when I get it. This is my standard setup in the studio.

I think I have figured out the routing on the PBC so I can place either the Fractal into the KPA's loop using it's X slot or vice versa. For this I will use stereo loops 8 and 9 on the PBC.

The question is, can the PBC's hardware be controlled by the GT? I imagine that the PBC would have to show up as a supported device, the same way as the Effects Gizmo is. Could the PBC editor still be used to create the settings for its controls? Or would the GT editor need revision to add the PBC to it's available hardware?

Ron, could you consider this please, if it's at all feasible?

Actually, now that I think of it, keeping the PBC button functions as is, would free up more of the GT buttons, as there are some duplicates.

Yes, you can add a PBC as a device in the GT, just like any other device. Make sure that MIDI Receive Channel is set correctly on the PBC to match the sending channel on the GT.

Please note that the communication is not bidirectional - if you turn on loops on the PBC, they won't be reflected on the GT.

Back