Its been up a few times before but the issue is back

@rjmmusic

I've got the "wrong bank" issue going on right now.
I'll leave my rig in this state, for a while. Tell me if you want me to do something.

Here's a video:

Is it possible that an IA action with a "System / Song" command, or with a "System / Preset"command, causes the issue to appear?
@Soren Kelly , do you have such a command programmed?

More facts: while the GT in this "bank mismatch" state, the error does not occur when switching presets on the front panel of the Axe-Fx.

Last edited:
@rjmmusic

I've got the "wrong bank" issue going on right now.
I'll leave my rig in this state, for a while. Tell me if you want me to do something.

Here's a video:

Is it possible that an IA action with a "System / Song" command, or with a "System / Preset"command, causes the issue to appear?
@Soren Kelly , do you have such a command programmed?

More facts: while the GT in this "bank mismatch" state, the error does not occur when switching presets on the front panel of the Axe-Fx.
well i dont intensionally having one you can check my settings here in the attached file i have 10 pages, 2 for each of my main 5 presets

Attachments

• 30112022.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
well page 1,3,5,7,9 are the same
and so is 2,4,6,8,10 only difference is the naming of the Channels on the stomps
and switch 1-5 are the same on all pages and so is a good few more

Right im now on just pure old midi cables, no hickups at last nights session, so just keep testing with these standard cables - took out all other cables and checked them no fault there....if this works next steb will be building a shielded box with 6pin xlr and 2 midi

Right im now on just pure old midi cables, no hickups at last nights session, so just keep testing with these standard cables - took out all other cables and checked them no fault there....if this works next steb will be building a shielded box with 6pin xlr and 2 midi
If you need schematics for the box, please let me know. I didn't find any issue with your settings during the week I ran them, so I've now switched to Alexander's settings, because he's seeing a similar problem. No issues yet, but I only loaded them about 2 hours ago.

If you need schematics for the box, please let me know. I didn't find any issue with your settings during the week I ran them, so I've now switched to Alexander's settings, because he's seeing a similar problem. No issues yet, but I only loaded them about 2 hours ago.
Hey i havent had it to happen yet and i have had a few sessions and som live playing så that leads me to the 6 pin cable or the midi cable from axe to 6 pin could you forward me the schematics and i will rebuilt the whole thing again...

cheers

Hey i havent had it to happen yet and i have had a few sessions and som live playing så that leads me to the 6 pin cable or the midi cable from axe to 6 pin could you forward me the schematics and i will rebuilt the whole thing again...

cheers
Interesting, so are you running with 2 MIDI cables right now?

Attached is the diagram for the box. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• PPA-XLR6F-2.pdf
    283.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi All
Yes running 2 midi cables but run ingen the power from the 6pin xlr
Hey i got a new box done after your diagram and it has been working flawless for 4 days today at band rehearsel it did it again
son no problems with 2 midicables and power comming from 6pin xlr its only when running the 6 pin cable all 3 cables i have
there is no fault to be found on the cables also a restart of the gt22 solves it

If you're looking for a 6 pin XLR, it doesn't look like Thomann sells them. They're not common, I don't know anyone aside from us that uses them. The only ones I know that make the cable are Best-tronics here in the US (www.btpa.com)
I have the connectors i just want to make sure i have the right cable quality i was searching through old massages because i thought somebody linked to the actual cable in my search i realized the the issue started the 9th of may 2021

Got the whole thing remade still doing it Darn !!!
looks like the only option is to run with 2 midi cables and a power

Just so I make sure I have this correct - you've tried a single MIDI connection to the XLR MIDI port, and a two cable connection to the standard MIDI ports. Have you ever tried a single MIDI connection to the standard MIDI output?

Something's definitely going on with bidrectional MIDI, but I'm not sure if it's limited to the XLR port or would happen on both types of ports. It's pretty hard to fathom in either case.

i have done this i have midi out and midi in going to a 6pin female xlr in the breakout panel along with ths psu -then i connect from Female xlr (breakoutpanel) to the gt22 6pin out not the remote

But, have you ever connected to the DIN connector instead of the XLR?
I am using the 2 din connectors on the axe and running them to the female 6pin xlr - if i use to standard midi cables from in and out on the axe and down to standard midi in out then i havent seen any issues

Back