Its been up a few times before but the issue is back

I went through my configuration thoroughly and simplified things.

No more Song Menu.
No more System/Preset and System/Song entries.
Disabled Start Up on Last Preset (didn't work reliably).
Removed some weird data from the Exp.Pedals configuration.
Disabled Direct Send.
Removed IA Links.

And the issue hasn't occurred since. Sadly, I'm not sure what did the trick.

Soren, in your config. file the Bank Type entry is set to NONE.
Why is that?
That was a suggestion from me as an attempt to fix the bank problem by disallowing banks (he only uses a few presets). It didn't seem to help.

Interesting that the problem isn't happening now for you. This has been the most difficult to track down issue I've ever encountered, and I've still never personally seen it happen. Please remind me: are you using a phantom power box, and if so, is it DIN-7 or XLR-6?

I would try starting over, and rebuild the midi setup a little at a time. Make it work for one, then two presets first, then add the rest after. Sometimes you have to manually eliminate some messages in some buttons. Remove all commands first, then set the button type to none. Sometimes if you set the button type to none first, the commands below go away, but they’re not gone completely. If you set it back to IA (in my case) they come back, indicating that they were still there in some way (just disabled). I’ve found it best to purge them of commands first.
If I change or delete a button on a page, I’ve found the best thing is to copy a blank button, (if you have any, lol) and paste it to the button you’re deleting.

This may not be the solution to your problem, but I’d try it to start. Back up your GT, reset it, and try fresh.
Or look at any buttons that were turned off and see if any commands are still lurking in there.

Also, just an added piece of advice on the file names for the GT. I always put the year number first, followed by the month, then the day, so when they are sorted alphabetically, the files stay together chronologically. Example 230108 (or 20230108 if you plan on keeping them over 100 years) would be today. If you put the year at the end, then 01082023 and 01092022 would be together, even though they are a year and a day apart.

The photos you posted above use the method I use, as you can see.

Sorry, my OCD kicking in…

Last edited:
I went through my configuration thoroughly and simplified things.

No more Song Menu.
No more System/Preset and System/Song entries.
Disabled Start Up on Last Preset (didn't work reliably).
Removed some weird data from the Exp.Pedals configuration.
Disabled Direct Send.
Removed IA Links.

And the issue hasn't occurred since. Sadly, I'm not sure what did the trick.
the only setting i did´nt have was Start Up on Last Preset dissabled that cross fingers i havent seen the issue yet, doing a session today so be very interesting to see what happens in a live situation...

the only setting i did´nt have was Start Up on Last Preset dissabled that cross fingers i havent seen the issue yet, doing a session today so be very interesting to see what happens in a live situation...

For some reason this feature has not worked for me. Especially after writing changed settings to the hardware, the GT doesn’t return to the last preset / song.

right back to sq 1 it did again tonight i have now bought a fc12 and will try and set that up but danm I'm missing the functions from rjm

but just dont know what to do...
have no idea now, will try and set up from factory Settings again...

right back to sq 1 it did again tonight i have now bought a fc12 and will try and set that up but danm I'm missing the functions from rjm

but just dont know what to do...
have no idea now, will try and set up from factory Settings again...
Did it happen when using two MIDI cables, or one XLR?

For phantom power and bidirectional midi have you tried a 7pin DIN cable instead of the 6pin XLR?
That's what I use, AxeFX3 with two 1m standard 5pin midi DIN cables to a RJM Phantom Power Adapter - DIN7F (two inputs) with GT power adapter for phantom power, then a 7pin BEST-TRONICS 20ft midi cable to the GT.
Maybe something is going wrong with your custom 6pin XLR cables or custom midi box?

it happens with the 6pin xlr
not with Two standard midi cables

For phantom power and bidirectional midi have you tried a 7pin DIN cable instead of the 6pin XLR?
That's what I use, AxeFX3 with two 1m standard 5pin midi DIN cables to a RJM Phantom Power Adapter - DIN7F (two inputs) with GT power adapter for phantom power, then a 7pin BEST-TRONICS 20ft midi cable to the GT.
Maybe something is going wrong with your custom 6pin XLR cables or custom midi box?
i would get a rjm adapter Kit bit i dont think they are in stock

Last edited:
It seems unlikely that it's a solely a wiring issue, because the problem is so specific. If the MIDI wiring was incorrect, I'd expect it to have much larger communication problems.

It seems unlikely that it's a solely a wiring issue, because the problem is so specific. If the MIDI wiring was incorrect, I'd expect it to have much larger communication problems.
yes also it can be working for a week with no issue faulty psu can also be elliminated as I'm using the same psu with the 2 midicables methode.

I have the same or similar issue. I have an Axe-FX III. When I change presets with Axe-Edit, it changes to the desired preset and displays properly on my GT22. When I change too a preset on the GT22 that is higher than 127, it "folds back" to a preset of a lower number, between 0 and 127. I assume that's a bank switching problem. "Bank Type" on the GT22 is set to "MSB". Is this correct or do I need to change that?

Back