Its been up a few times before but the issue is back

I have the same or similar issue. I have an Axe-FX III. When I change presets with Axe-Edit, it changes to the desired preset and displays properly on my GT22. When I change too a preset on the GT22 that is higher than 127, it "folds back" to a preset of a lower number, between 0 and 127. I assume that's a bank switching problem. "Bank Type" on the GT22 is set to "MSB". Is this correct or do I need to change that?
Hi these are my settings on my GT22. My presets start at 001 on my AXE FX III Mark II
1674335357179.png

Selecting any preset from 000 to 127 works correctly. Selecting 128 and beyond "folds back" to 000 to 127. Selecting preset 128 brings up preset 000. Selecting preset 129 brings up 001, etc. Perhaps that is a setting on the Axe-FX III? I see the correct higher preset name for a split second on the GT22 display, but it then immediately switches to the 000-127 preset.

Last edited:
Selecting any preset from 000 to 127 works correctly. Selecting 128 and beyond "folds back" to 000 to 127. Selecting preset 128 brings up preset 000. Selecting preset 129 brings up 001, etc. Perhaps that is a setting on the Axe-FX III? I see the correct higher preset name for a split second on the GT22 display, but it then immediately switches to the 000-127 preset.
Hi, not sure if you've checked these settings but here you go...

Axe FX III Settings:

There are a few important settings that need to be made on the Axe-Fx III. Go into setup on the Axe-Fx III, and use the "down" button to move down to the MIDI/Remote option, then press Select. Make the following changes:

1-Set MIDI Channel to 1

2-Set Program Change to On

3-Set Send Realtime Svsex to On

Setup on the Mastermind G requires onlv a few steps:

1-In Mastermind GT setup, select Edit Devices.

2-Select a device slot. If vou're starting with a Mastermind GT that's in the factor state, select the "Effect Gizmo" slot and vou can overwrite it. If vou also have an Effect Gizmo. vou can leave the "Effect Gizmo" entry and instead select one ot the empty slots.

3-Press the Type button, then select Fractal Audio. Next, select Axe-Fx III.

4-Press the Set Default Buttons button and press 1. This sets up button page 1 with a default set of buttons that control the Axe-rx I.

5-Press the Set Default Pedals button. This sets up the GT's expression pedals to control the Axe-Fx

There's a little more expression pedal setup required on the Axe-rx. which is described in the next

subsection

6-Optional: Use the Get Preset Names feature to read the preset names from the Axe-rx. This process Is

described in the reading Preset Names with scenes section

7. Exit setup mode.

Is there a specific setting for the MM GT22 that would cause the higher presets (128 and beyond) to translate down to the 0-12 presets? Is anyone ale to use the GT22 to change to these higher presets? This seems to e a very specific behavior (translating higher 128 resets down to 0-127.

Last edited:
I’m not sure, but there might be a setting in the Axe-Fx that enables MIDI bank support. I’m out of town right now, so I can’t look at mine. Also, make sure that CC#0 is not assigned to any function on the Axe-Fx. If it was assigned, it probably would interfere with bank selection.

I’m not sure, but there might be a setting in the Axe-Fx that enables MIDI bank support. I’m out of town right now, so I can’t look at mine. Also, make sure that CC#0 is not assigned to any function on the Axe-Fx. If it was assigned, it probably would interfere with bank selection.
Axe-Edit switches to any preset flawlessly. Only switching with the MM GT22 causes the preset shifting problem.

Last edited:
Is there a specific setting for the MM GT22 that would cause the higher presets (128 and beyond) to translate down to the 0-12 presets? Is anyone ale to use the GT22 to change to these higher presets? This seems to e a very specific behavior (translating higher 128 resets down to 0-127.
I use all Presets from 001-560 Etc.... No problems here... I'll look any my MMGT 22 Settings later and check the settings.
Can you send us a File Of your MMGT22 Programming or take screen shots ?

Axe-Edit switches to any preset flawlessly. Only switching with the MM GT22 causes the preset shifting problem.
Might be a silly question, but did you use Get Presets on the MMGT? and when Importing them, made sure they imported into the Correct preset slots on the MMGT22?

Might be a silly question, but did you use Get Presets on the MMGT? and when Importing them, made sure they imported into the Correct preset slots on the MMGT22?
Yes. All the presets came over to the GT22 with the correct names. As I said before when I click on a preset above 127 I see the correct preset for a split second and then it switches to a 0-127 preset that is offset by 127 (or whatever mmultiple) to bring it down to a 0-127 value.

I am getting closer to a solution (I hope). When Bi-Directional MIDI is on I get the preset conversion down to 0-127 When I switch it off, it works correctly, ut no onboard tuner display. This seems like a setting somewhere, either on the GT22 or in the Axe-FX is doing this. It's either a "feature" or a bug. Hopefully, this will be a clue aling the way to solving the issue.

Also, I have the RJM 7-pin MIDI cale w/ power, if that makes a difference. I may try with 2 separate MIDI cables and see if there is a difference. AND, I am currently using IAreSee's layout. I may try the generic layout and see if there is a difference.

I am at work, not where my rig is. I called up the current config/layout file in my editor. It looks like I have "Poll State" on. I will try switching it off among other things) and see if that changes anything.

RJM MMGT Editor 4.9.1 2023-01-24 Devices.jpg

The only reason I have Poll State off is because when I’m playing Live, if I step in an IA button there’s an extra flash of the Status light on the Button as it Polls The State of the Axe FX.. and in the madness of a show it messes me up…

I am at work, not where my rig is. I called up the current config/layout file in my editor. It looks like I have "Poll State" on. I will try switching it off among other things) and see if that changes anything.

View attachment 2686
Is your Tempo Light Blinking on the MMGT ? Make sure you have Send Real Time Sysex turned on, on the Axe FX...

Is your Tempo Light Blinking on the MMGT ? Make sure you have Send Real Time Sysex turned on, on the Axe FX...
Yes, and that has nothing to do with my problem. I have switched all those parameters on and off one at a time. I still have the problem. Any preset I select on the GT22 gets converted down to the 0-127 range. I can switch presets on the Axe-FX III or from Axe-Edit III and it works just fine. Only switching presets from the GT22 presents the problem.

Back