Kemper IA

Andy Gergen

Hey!

I have an IA page set up for my Kemper.
The issue is, when I go to it, its not showing the current state of what's on/off.
Its showing everything as off.
When I toggle buttons, the slots react correctly, Id just like it to show the current status of the effect slots.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

I do have bi-directional MIDI set up with a phantom power box.
The only thing I can think of that's causing me issues is, I just learned yesterday the MIDI cables only have 2 conductors.
Does this functionality require all 5 pins to be connected?

The connections between phantom power box can be 3 conductor cables, the connection between phantom power box and LT needs to be 7 pin.

Also make sure that bidirectional MIDI is turned on in the LT's MIDI settings.

Yeah
All that checks out.
I must be missing a setting somewhere.

Tuner works over the 7 Pin, I assumed that confirmed bi-direction was working.
Bi-directional is on in the MIDI settings

Did you set up your Kemper as "Profiler" and not "Profiler (slave)"? That's the difference between the two - the latter doesn't update state from the Kemper, instead the LT sends effect block status updates to the Kemper.

Also, check each of your buttons that control effect blocks. They should have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off if you want them to be controlled by the Kemper.

Check and check
Not set to slave.
I did have Send on Preset Change and Preset change turned on but I fixed it and still no luck.

Ive attached a screen shot and my .rjs file, if that might help us get it figured out.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.50.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.50.50 AM.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Test.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Sorry for the delay in responding. I see the issue now. Kemper's MIDI implementation isn't designed for full control of more than one Kemper. The way things are set up, the second Kemper you have set up should send feedback to the LT, but the first won't. If you really need to control two of them, I would recommend setting them both up as Kemper devices, but then switching one of them to a Generic device type in Devices settings. You can still send PCs and CCs to the second Kemper, but you won't get any of the effect block feedback, tuner, etc from it.

Hey,

Still not having any luck with this.
Ive deleted the 2nd KPA.
Set Manufacturer to none
Model to ???
MIDI Channel to None
Wrote the settings, not just changes
Still no joy.

Ive attached my file to see if maybe you can help again.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Test.rjs
I loaded up the settings and switched to your page 4. When I press buttons on the KPA's face (C, D, X for example), the corresponding buttons on the LT light up. Does it do this for you?

Im seems to be working consistently for buttons 1-4 (stomps C,D,X & Mod) but its not working with buttons 4 & 5 (Delay and Reverb). Which is what Ive been testing with, which is why I hadn't noticed the others working. I apologize for not being thorough.

From what I can tell, the buttons are set up the same.

4 & 5 do not toggle when I press the Delay and Reverb buttons on the face of the KPA like the other slots do. However, when I toggle them from the LT, they do toggle on the KPA. When I change rigs to something with reverb and delay turned off on the KPA, the LT does not update to the correct status.

Ive attached file again, just to make sure you have the latest version after whatever Ive messed around with.

Attachments

• Test.rjs
This is just a theory, but what happens if you change the buttons from Delay w/ tail to normal delay? I'm wondering if the Kemper is reporting a different block than the LT expects.

Ok, this will probably take some research, Kemper may have changed something on me again. You did switch the Reverb w/ tail to just Reverb as well, right?

Back