Kemper loses connection after reading from device into pbc editor

ekkomouse

Everytime I read settings from the device, I think it shuts down the midi connection from the midi out which makes the kemper think there is no midi controller connected. The only way I can seem to get it to reconnect is to shut off the kpa and turn it back on.

Is there a way to Reinitialize the connection so it sees the controller after the midi port is temporarily shut off during the reading of the device?

Tried it here, and the connection does drop near the end of the transfer, but as soon as the transfer is done, the KPA and PBC reestablish the connection.

How do you have the KPA and PBC connected? Are you sure that the connection doesn't reestablish after a short while? What happens if you power down the PBC and start it up again?

It's been connecting better, but an occasional drop of connection, hopefully just isolated to when uploading pbc settings but I haven't used it enough disconnected from the computer to tell yet. I'm gonna keep watching it as I go and see if it can be replicated.

Ok, please let me know if you can find a way to replicate it. I did see it happen once this week, but was not able to reproduce it. I was able to get it to reconnect by powering down the GT and restarting. (Faster than restarting the KPA)

Back