Kemper Performance Mode Question

ekkomouse

I am starting to setup the PBC to work with KPA Performance mode. I have a page setup to device pc -/+ the KPA so and know that advances program changes til I get to the song that I want to save on the preset.

My question is that when I look at the pbc editor page where the preset is saved, there are no banks available for the KPA so I'm wondering how does it know when you go past program change 128. The KPA says it can allow for 125 Performances, each with five Slots, allowing to store up to 625 Rigs overall using program changes and banks.

Do I have something setup incorrectly? Just looking ahead since 5 program changes are used per song in KPA performance mode.

KPA settings
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 9.44.20 AM.png

Performance Mode has its own set of rules, but it does use MIDI banks as one of the methods for preset selection. The PBC automatically calculates the banks for you, that's why you can enter a number larger than 128 in the PC box (128 is the maximum value for program changes). PCs 1-5 are the slots in performance 1, PCs 6-10 are the slots n performance 2, etc., up to number 625.

Back