Kemper setup questions and some issues

ekkomouse

I am trying to setup my KPA with the PBC and I have a couple issues I'm hoping someone can help sort out for me. I have general setup questions but also some craziness occurring between the head and controller, those questions are below.

Questions on KPA Setup:
I am trying to be able to have a page for my kemper effects to be enabled/disabled and stored per preset with the correct rig. I have gotten the KPA to respond to to the effect on/off and program change for rigs in browse mode, however, performance mode doesn't respond very well. When using the same buttons in performance mode, the effects don't turn on/off and the program change messages dont seem to switch the song.

Is it possible to setup the same buttons for browsing in browse mode for rig-/+ and also song -/+ in performance mode?

I also haven't gotten the slot 1-5 buttons to work at all in performance or browse mode. I was hoping these would load in browse mode like the kemper foot controller where it selects 1-5 of that banks 5 rigs.

Kemper describes in their manual a way to bank up/down along with PC messages to control performance mode, which seems like this would be able to be setup on the PBC easily but I am not certain on how to setup banks to access more performance slots.

On the video for the GT, it looked like there was some kind of default page setup, is there a way to see this for the pbc in the editor so I can learn how the buttons are setup for my own custom page?

1. I have a mastermind PBC foot controller and when connected, the KPA can start to respond slowly to button presses on the head itself and from the foot controller when in performance mode or browse mode.

Questions related to Midi issues I'm currently experiencing:
When editing on the editor, should I disconnect midi from the kemper before transferring changes to the PBC? Other pedals don't seem to have an issue but the kemper seems to get a little unresponsive when I have it hooked up, is this normal?

Is there a boot up method where I am not supposed to plug the midi into the head until I have it loaded? The kemper seems to not accept midi sometimes when the midi cable is already plugged in.

Should I be able to switch from KPA browse mode to performance mode while the midi is connected? I seem to get the lagging response more when switching from browse to performance. Generally the head is laggy when going into performance mode, then if I switch slots, I think it changes but the screen doesn't change on the KPA to show the new slot, also it can sometimes just go random flashing where the knobs and led lights just go random. Unplugging the midi cable gets back control from the KPA buttons.

When I disconnect the midi cable, the head seems to respond again, but then if I plug it back in, it seems to lag resulting in me needing to reboot to get it to act normal.

If I boot into browse mode I can get the head to respond to effect stomp on off messages and program change messages fine. However if I then switch to performance mode or boot into performance mode, the head doesn't seem to respond very well to the same stomp messages and program change messages. I haven't been able to get it to respond to program changes at all.

Kemper device settings:
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 9.09.08 AM.png

Try version 2.1.2 - it includes Auto Names support, which means that it automatically displays preset names from the Kemper, and it also acts a lot more like the Kemper Remote. Auto Names should be on when using Performance Mode, but should be turned off in Browse Mode.

I've also attached a sample configuration file that includes a page of Kemper-related buttons on page 4. Pressing the Function button switches between the main buttons and the Kemper buttons.

Attachments

• PBCKPAExample.rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Back