LED Programming Quirk (AxeFX II XL+)

TEPhillips

tl;dr I'm trying a setup that might be a little unconventional and I can't tell if I'm running up against the constraints of programming or if I just don't know the right step to take

So I've been using my LT for 18 months now to control my AxeFX IIXL+ by using songs and setlists, and it's worked amazingly, but lately I've been missing the flexibility of a true pedalboard feel. I built out a "kitchen sink"-style preset on the AxeFX that uses four amps (Amp1 X/Y and Amp2 X/Y), and am running into a little quirk trying to get the final step programmed in my LT so that everything behaves exactly like I want it to.

Buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4 across the bottom of the LT should be functioning as switches for each of the amps. I don't want multiple amps 1 and 2 running at the same time, so all four buttons are IA linked to group 1. I have everything set up so that Button 1 should be Amp1 in the X state, 2 = Amp1Y, 3 = Amp2X, and 4= Amp2Y. I've got them performing just fine by using this string of actions:

Button 1:
CC toggle #37 off:0 on:127 [this turns on amp1]
CC toggle #38 off:127 on:0 [this makes sure amp2 is off]
CC toggle #100 off:0 on:127 [this puts amp1 in the X state]

Button 2:
CC toggle #37 off:0 on:127 [this turns on amp1]
CC toggle #38 off:127 on:0 [this makes sure amp2 is off]
CC toggle #100 off:127 on:0 [this puts amp1 in the Y state]

Buttons 3 and 4 do the same thing, except they flip the behavior of CC #37 and #38 as they control Amp2.

The quirk that I'm running into (a minor survivable annoyance) is that whenever Button 1 is engaged, the LED for Button 2 engages (and vice versa, when 2 is engaged the LED for 1 remains on), which I assume is because Amp1 is engaged. Same thing goes for Buttons 3 and 4. The amps switch as they're supposed to, it just can get confusing in the moment to remember which amp is engaged.

Is there a way I can get the midi command behavior to remain the same for these four buttons, but the LEDs to track properly? In the sense that, when Button 1 is pressed, even though the Axe has one of the primary midi commands of Button 2 engaged, the LED for Button 2 remains off?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Turn off IA Link on the buttons, that will prevent one button from affecting the visible state of another.

Back