LFO wave shapes for expression or midi-capable pedals a la Morningstar updates

Brian

Is anyone aware of the hardware of the PBC’s is compatible with sending midi/cv “LFO” control signals like recent updates to the Morningstar stuff? Sure would be nice to eliminate a pedal for this duty, and the editor would be a great place to tune such controls.

At this time, we don't have that ability. The hardware can certainly do it, and the feature would be implemented entirely in firmware. It may be in a future release, but the list of requested changes is pretty long. I'm trying to prioritize the list by a combination of 1). how many people have requested the feature and 2). how difficult the feature is to implement. All I can say for sure is that it won't be in 4.6, which is hopefully about to get started. 5.0 will be a much larger release and I might be able to get it into that.

Good to hear! I was hopeful that hardware wouldn’t be required. I would never claim to speak for the masses, but I can say there appears to be growing interest. Something like the source audio reflex seems to have been ahead of its time, as it is now unobtanium, and the MC6 and 8 with this capability is driving a lot of buzz on the topic.

Appreciate the follow up.

Just chiming in, I would LOVE this feature and I agree with Brian that there is a growing interest for this type of functionality. Source Audio’s Reflex did this well (now discontinued), but it was pretty frustrating to use.

With morningstar adding this to their controllers, I’m sure we’ll see other manufacturers implementing something similar.

Yes that would be a great feature - I also have the Chase Bliss pedals (9 of them) that would benefit from this feature.

I think as more and more pedals become midi controllable that midi waveform parameter automation will become the norm.

PBC already offers great Midi capabilities - I make extensive use of the current Midi features of PBC (and the SP1-RJM expression pedal) to control the pedal parameters with my foot pedal and foot switches and bank through pedal presets.

A Waveform generator is the missing piece so you can bounce the parameters up and down with a simple PBC button press. Just need to specify the device, the min and max CC value and waveform type.

Back